June 22, 2011 at 2:46 pm #133614
1. Primary advisor to the Commissioner, the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), Division Directors and Senior Staff on HR matters and delegated as the Appointing Authority for the Agency on all personnel related matters requiring authorization and signature. Promote and increase efforts to hire and maintain a highly talented, diverse workforce for DFG.
2. Ensure compliance with Federal and State laws as well as directives received from the Secretariat and Human Resources Division; issue policy directives to Department Division Directors to ensure uniform and consistent application of all personnel policies and procedures, analyze administrative systems and procedures, determine solutions and create policy to improve the delivery of service.
3. Prepare and manage responses to inquiries for assistance, guidance or direction on personnel matters when presented by the Commissioner, the CFO and as needed by the Secretary of the Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs or his/her designee, high level members of the other constituent EOEEA agencies, and the Governor’s Office
4. Direct agency participation, in consultation with agency General Counsel, in all civil service hearings, classification appeal hearings, labor/management disputes, and administrative matters. Advise and direct senior level managers and directors and appropriate staff while coordinating records production and other pertinent documents on a case-by-case basis.
5. Consult with executives at local, state and federal levels for problem resolution and to exchange information on administrative matters and/or agency personnel policies and procedures.
6. Assist the CFO with agency reorganizations. Assess impact of proposed actions, determine distribution of resources, resolve conflicts and establish reporting relationships.
7. Direct human resource work units including Payroll, Labor Relations, Benefits, Learning and Employee Development Personnel, Classification and Compensation; make decisions or recommendations to higher authorities on all personnel matters and grievances.
8. Provide recommendations to sensitive personnel issues while ensuring compliance with all personnel rules and regulations, labor/management agreements and work place safety issues.
9. Oversee ongoing development and application of Human Resource/Compensation Management System to ensure the agency is current with all other state agencies. Develops, implements and continually evaluates the Department’s human resources and development needs.
10. Oversees the Department programs in staffing, civil rights, training and labor relations. Oversee manager and employee evaluation process by DFG and its Divisions to ensure timely completion by all programs.
11. Advise the Commissioner and the CFO on Human Resources policy and implementation strategies.
12. Provides support to the Commissioner, CFO and the senior staff regarding sensitive personnel matters.
13. Represents the Department in labor relations and collective bargaining agreements.
14. Builds effective working relationships with the Department’s Division Directors and their senior staffs.
15 Designs and manages processes to ensure consistency in the application of policies and procedures.
Applicants must have at least five years of full-time, or equivalent part-time, supervisory or managerial experience in business administration, business management, or public administration.
To learn more about this opening, visit https://jobs.hrd.state.ma.us/recruit/public/31100001/job/job_view.do?postingId=J26046&code=search.public&federalStimulus=no
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.