July 15, 2011 at 2:30 pm #135647
Posted for a friend who is heavily involved there...more & more govt events being held there
Director of Marketing and Communications
Reports to: Managing Director
Objective: Achieve earned revenue goals, build audiences, and oversee all organizational communications.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generate all earned revenue including subscriptions, single tickets, and group sales, as well as facility rentals, program advertising, concessions, merchandise, etc.
- Develop all pricing, packaging, and discounting strategies
- Build, analyze, and exploit the Tessitura database
- Conduct audience research and surveying
- Supervise all customer service touch points
- Shape all organizational communications and ensure they are represented consistently through channels such as the web site, e-mail, advertising, visuals, publications, and collateral materials for patrons, artists, donors, supporters, community partners, the press, bloggers, social media, and our local and national theatre colleagues
- Manage the Woolly Mammoth brand (including all graphical standards)
- Administer a budget of more than $600K
- Supervise a staff of four, including a Sales Manager, Graphic Design & Web Manager, Press & Digital Content Manager, and Box Office Manager, plus an intern
- Marshal the varied resources and diverse talents of the theatre’s Board, staff, and artists to achieve goals
- Work closely with the development, literary, and connectivity departments
- Participate as a member of the theatre’s senior staff, engaging in long-range planning and other cross-departmental initiatives
Skills and key characteristics:
The successful candidate will have a college or graduate-level degree in marketing, communications, or arts administration. Several years of theatrical industry experience is preferred. Specifically, the ideal candidate will:
- Be a highly creative and strategic thinker with a proven track-record in creating and executing campaigns that generate sales and maximize return on investment
- Possess a strong point of view about how to market provocative new plays and effectively share that strategy with the staff and Board.
- Understand consumer buying behavior, how it affects ticket sales, and how dynamic pricing can be applied to such findings.
- Be able to employ customer and market research and data analysis in decision-making.
- Have a strong understanding of electronic and interactive media, and the ability to create and implement creative campaigns and tracking through social media.
- Be able to align, enhance, and manage the Woolly brand across multiple channels.
- Possess exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Effectively manage and develop a strong marketing team.
- Build confidence and rapport among colleagues and stakeholders.
- Exhibit a creative, collegial, and collaborative work style and a close attention to detail.
- Be passionate about theater and new work in particular.
Highly competitive candidates will have a strong understanding of social media, dynamic pricing, and innovative subscription models.
Salary and benefits:
- Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
- The position includes 100% health coverage for the employee plus two weeks’ paid vacation annually.
- There is a 401K employee retirement plan in place, to which the theatre contributes when it is able.
How to Apply:
Please send your résumé and a cover letter that details why you’d like to work for Woolly Mammoth to:
Jeffrey Herrmann, Managing Director
c/o Ellys Abrams
Woolly Mammoth Theatre Company
641 D Street, NW
Washington, DC 20004
No phone calls, please.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.