June 15, 2011 at 3:53 pm #133002
Job Title: Director, Processing & Underwriting Division
Department: Department Of Housing And Urban Development
Agency: Federal Housing Commissioner, Assistant Secretary for Housing
Job Announcement Number: F11-DE-490145-2RB
SALARY RANGE: $103,152.00 – $134,096.00 /year
OPEN PERIOD: Tuesday, June 14, 2011 to Monday, June 20, 2011
SERIES & GRADE: GS-1101-14
POSITION INFORMATION: Full Time Career/Career Conditional
PROMOTION POTENTIAL: 14
DUTY LOCATIONS: 1 vacancy – Philadelphia Metro area, PA
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: United States Citizens
This position is located in the Single Family Homeownership Center, Processing and Underwriting Division
Join the Department of Housing & Urban Development (HUD) team if you are looking for a challenging career and want to help individuals achieve the American Dream! HUD is an integral partner in revitalizing and improving communities across America. Our mission focuses on expanding homeownership, increasing access to affordable housing, strengthening communities, fighting housing discrimination, and tackling homelessness issues.
Great Benefits Package including paid vacation, sick days, holidays, health and life insurance and an excellent retirement package!
Office Address: Philadelphia Regional Office, The Wanamaker Building, 100 Penn Square, East Philadelphia, PA
Federal status candidates may apply for this position under announcement
# F11-MP-490146-2RB. Candidates that want to apply under a special non competitive hiring authority, such as Schedule A or compensable disabled veterans, must apply under the Federal status announcement.
Salary listed reflects salary range from step 1 through step 10 of the grade. Pay setting regulations require that pay for first Federal appointment be set at the step 1 of the grade, which is $103152 for this position.
* United States Citizen
* A background investigation is required for all Federal employees.
* Must meet specialized experience requirements (See Qualifications)
* Directs the supervisory staff who manage the professional, technical and clerical staff required for the production and management aspects of the Center.
* Resolves issues and problems which hinder the effective operation of the Center or of the quality of program accomplishment, including concerns regarding resources, conflicting policies and procedures, organizational deficiencies, etc. This may involve adjusting staff assignments, resource funding, etc. to meet the demands of the office. Assures that managerial staff are aware of established goals and that plans and strategies have been developed to assure that such goals can be effectively met.
* Participates in or directs conferences with developers, appraisers, inspectors, architects, Direct Endorsement (DE) underwriters, mortgagee personnel, and various real estate organizations with regard to HUD FHA requirements and procedures; formulation of mortgage credit and valuation requirements for condominium, PUD, or builder applications.
* Speaks for and represents the Center and the Department in industry and public meetings in all matters relating to the Center. Informs mortgagees, mortgagors, developers, and the public on the technical phases of approval and underwriting activities. Interprets policies,regulations, and major operating procedures for private and public groups, congressional representatives, etc., to further the purpose of the National Housing Act as it relates to the management of HUD programs, and the U.S. Housing Act of 1937, as amended. Maintains excellent public relations in representing the Department.
* Researches required underwriting procedures and techniques, recommending improvements or refinements in technique to the Deputy Assistant Secretary. Reviews and recommends lending institutions for Headquarters approval as mortgagees, and maintains surveillance over the lending practices of approved mortgagees, with special reference to the quality of their mortgage servicing.
For more information, see http://jobview.usajobs.gov/GetJob.aspx?JobID=100176427&JobTitle=Director%2c+Processing+%26+Underwriting+Division&x=81&y=13&brd=3876&vw=b&FedEmp=N&FedPub=Y&tm=0&pg=2&re=4&AVSDM=2011-06-14+00%3a12%3a00.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.