July 13, 2011 at 3:40 pm #135434
Job Title: Economist, GS-0110-12, CENSUS-D-LRC
Department: Department Of Commerce
Agency: Bureau of the Census
Sub Agency: 63 Bureau of the Census
Job Announcement Number: CES-2011-0018
SALARY RANGE: $70,906.00 - $93,470.00 /year
OPEN PERIOD: Wednesday, July 13, 2011 to Thursday, July 21, 2011
SERIES & GRADE: GS-0110-12/12
POSITION INFORMATION: Competitive Service: Term Appointment NTE 2 years. May be extended. Full Time
PROMOTION POTENTIAL: 13
DUTY LOCATIONS: 1 vacancy - Research Triangle Park, NC; 1 vacancy - Atlanta, GA
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: All qualified United States citizens.
The Census Bureau produces quality data that help Americans better understand our country - its population, resources, economy, society and culture. We offer competitive salaries, flexible hours and work arrangements, developmental opportunities, recognition, a variety of benefits and health insurance plans, and a host of other employment incentives. If working in an environment that values your individuality and diversity and allows you to innovate, engage in problem solving, and achieve your professional goals appeals to you, then the Census Bureau is the place for you. Come join the Census Team and be responsible for contributing to the fabric of our nation - where everyone counts.
This position is in the competitive service.
This vacancy is for an Economist position in the Triangle Census Research Data Center (Durham, NC) and Atlanta Research Data Center (Atlanta, GA), Center for Economic Studies.
The salary range for Durham, NC: $70,906-$92,177
The salary range for Atlanta, GA: $71,901-$93,470
A one-year trial period may be required.
Relocation expenses may be paid.
This is a non-bargaining unit position.
This position may be filled through means other than the competitive process.
* You must be a U.S. citizen.
* If your resume is incomplete, you may not be considered for this vacancy.
* You must be registered for Selective Service if applicable (http://www.sss.gov).
* You must be suitable for Federal employment.
* Any required investigations and clearances must be completed
* before the selectee can be placed in the position.
Under the overall guidance of the Lead Research Data Center Administrator (LRDCA). The individual selected for this position will:
* Administer the research activities of many research projects carried out in the Census Bureau's Research Data Center (RDC) national network. In this capacity, the incumbent, depending on experience, acts as the primary Census contact to administer the research proposal development process for one or more classes of projects to be conducted at RDCs, assuring that assigned projects meet Title 13 and other requirements.
* Assure assigned research proposals and projects are properly documented in the Center for Economic Studies (CES) Management System and that all active researchers have up-to-date Special Sworn Status and training, and are accessing only those confidential data approved for their project.
* Assure that the Census Bureau's polices and procedures concerning Data Stewardship are carried out by both researchers working on projects assigned to the administrator and by researchers working at the administrator's RDC.
* Work under the direction of the CES Disclosure Officer and the LRDCA to assure that disclosure analysis is carried out on all assigned RDC research projects prior to the release of findings.
* Advise the LRDCA and the Assistant Division Chief of Research (ADCR) on opportunities to improve the operations of Research Data Centers.
* Assure that the needs of RDC-based investigators are communicated to the CES data staff, Computer Services Division and other appropriate organizations within the Census Bureau.
* Work with the other RDC administrators and with CES staff, to assure that RDC based project output is captured and submitted as CES Discussion Papers and/or Technical Notes.
* Maintain a research agenda using the microdata available through the Center for Economic Studies and stay professionally active in the research community.
For more information, see http://jobview.usajobs.gov/GetJob.aspx?JobID=100868372&JobTitle=Economist%2c+GS-0110-12%2c+CENSUS-D-LRC&x=95&y=13&brd=3876&vw=b&FedEmp=N&FedPub=Y&tm=0&pg=5&re=4&AVSDM=2011-07-13+00%3a03%3a00.Economist
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.