June 23, 2011 at 2:59 pm #133683
Job Title: ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION SPECIALIST
Department: Department Of Defense
Agency: Defense Logistics Agency
Job Announcement Number: DLADSC-11-492266-DE
SALARY RANGE: $58,916.00 - $76,589.00 /year
OPEN PERIOD: Thursday, June 23, 2011 to Tuesday, July 05, 2011
SERIES & GRADE: GS-0028-11
POSITION INFORMATION: Full Time Career/Career Conditional
PROMOTION POTENTIAL: 11
DUTY LOCATIONS: few vacancies - Columbus Metro area, OH
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: United States Citizens
America's Logistics Combat Support Agency
The Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) is a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) agency. DLA provides worldwide logistics support for the missions of the Military Departments and the Unified Combatant Commands under conditions of peace and war. It also provides logistics support to other DoD Components and certain Federal agencies, foreign governments, international organizations, and others as authorized.
As an Environemental Protection Specialist, you will be responsible for the following duties:
* Serves as an advisor and technical expert to the installation and other tenant activities with regard to environmental laws, regulations, policies, and practices.
* Coordinates work efforts with senior specialist and other installation activities.
* Responsibilities include assisting the senior environmental specialist in planning, organizing, administering, and evaluating a program of diverse environmental aspects involving environmental compliance, environmental documentation, and pollution prevention.
* As the alternate to the Environmental Management Representative, the position manages, oversees, and coordinates with other organizations to implement and revise, as necessary, the installation Environmental Management System.
* Stays abreast of the latest developments in the environmental field, including future regulatory concerns and advances in pollution prevention and environmental management.
* Evaluates legislative and policy proposals for impact to the installation and tenant activities, and coordinates implementation of new requirements with the senior specialist.
* Provides environmental regulatory compliance advice and assistance for installation activities on a wide variety of laws, regulations, Executive Orders, and policies concerning the environmental aspects of the installation.
* Participates in installation planning meetings to identify potential environmental aspects of proposed projects, and reviews contract drawings and specifications, proposing modifications to address environmental concerns.
* Coordinates program administration and oversight for the numerous installation environmental plans related to the prevention and control of potential pollutants, and the appropriate response to accidental releases. Provides technical advice during environmental emergencies.
* Coordinates with other emergency response personnel, both internal and external to the installation, in areas of mutual concern.
For more information, see http://jobview.usajobs.gov/GetJob.aspx?JobID=100287104&JobTitle=ENVIRONMENTAL+PROTECTION+SPECIALIST&x=96&y=4&brd=3876&vw=b&FedEmp=N&FedPub=Y&re=4&tm=0&pg=7&AVSDM=2011-06-23+00%3a03%3a00.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.