June 10, 2011 at 3:20 pm #132554
Job Title: Equal Employment Specialist – Counselor
Department: Department Of Veterans Affairs
Agency: Veterans Health Administration
Job Announcement Number: KB-11-BWS-477433
SALARY RANGE: $57,408.00 – $88,349.00 /year
OPEN PERIOD: Friday, June 10, 2011 to Tuesday, June 14, 2011
SERIES & GRADE: GS-0260-11
POSITION INFORMATION: Full Time Career/Career Conditional
DUTY LOCATIONS: Multiple duty locations
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: United States Citizens
VacancyID: 477433 (Include on all documents).
To fulfill President Lincoln’s promise – “To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan” – by serving and honoring the men and women who are America’s Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to veterans?
YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Every job at the VA impacts the Veterans that we serve. You can be part of that team, helping to make sure that our Veterans receive the top-quality care they deserve.
VA professionals feel good about their careers and their ability to balance work and home life. VA offers generous paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling opportunities. For more information on the Department of Veterans Affairs, go to http://www.vacareers.va.gov/.
* You must be a U.S. citizen to apply for this job.
* You will be subject to a background/suitability investigation.
* Designated and/or random drug testing may be required.
Additional Duty Location Info:
1 vacancy – Little Rock, AR; 1 vacancy – St. Louis Metro area, MO; 1 vacancy – Bay Pines, FL; 1 vacancy – Houston, TX; 1 vacancy – Bedford & Hanscom AFB, MA; 1 vacancy – Lyons, NJ; 1 vacancy – Washington DC Metro Area, DC; 1 vacancy – Palo Alto, CA; 1 vacancy – New York City, NY; 1 vacancy – Vancouver, WA; 1 vacancy – Lake City, FL; 1 vacancy – Cleveland Metro area, OH; 1 vacancy – Hines, IL; 1 vacancy – Los Angeles County, CA
These positions are located within Office of Resolution Management (ORM) nation-wide Field Offices of the Office of Resolution Management (08). You will serve as a full-time Equal Employment Specialist-Counselor for the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Office of Resolution Management.
Major Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
* Assist parties in resolving work-related problems at the lowest possible level, utilizing a variety of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) techniques, providing parties with resolution options, and facilitating their interaction and successful resolution.
* Determine appropriate questions to ask the Aggrieved Person (AP) to identify the claim(s) and basis of the informal complaint. Assists in determining the nature of the problem and identify probable causes;
* Explain the Agency’s ADR program.
* Conduct in-depth fact-finding by thoroughly researching, determining all pertinent records, and interviewing relevant individuals;
* Receives, analyzes and organizes information/documentation from all parties to develop the complaint for further processing;
* Assist the AP in making an informed decision by explaining related processes, such as Merit Systems Protection Board (MSPB), union grievance procedures; and alternative processes, such as Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Whistle-blowing, Office of Special Counsel (OSC), and Office of the inspector General (OIG);
* Prepare detailed counseling reports based on the information gathered and prepares other special reports as needed or assigned;
* Utilize Office of Resolution Management’s (ORM’s) tracking system to input data;
* Inform the AP about the Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Complaint process and possible election requirements. Advises of the right to file a formal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) complaint and issues “Notice of Right to File a Discrimination Complaint.”
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, Full Time, 8:00am – 4:30pm
***RELOCATION EXPENSES AND/OR INCENTIVES ARE NOT AUTHORIZED***
For more information, see http://jobview.usajobs.gov/GetJob.aspx?JobID=99542340&JobTitle=Equal+Employment+Specialist+-+Counselor&x=81&y=13&brd=3876&vw=b&FedEmp=N&FedPub=Y&tm=0&pg=1&re=3&AVSDM=2011-06-10+00%3a03%3a00.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.