February 13, 2012 at 5:58 pm #153037
Job ID: 9563384 Position Title: Events & Operations Coordinator Company Name: Association for the Study of the Middle East and Africa Job Function: Meeting/Event Management Location(s): Washington, Dist. Columbia, United States Posted: February 9, 2012 Entry Level: No Job Type: Full-Time Min Education: BA/BS/Undergraduate Min Experience: 3-5 Years
The Events and Operations Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day membership operations, event and conference logistics, and general administrative responsibilities of a growing and intellectually rigorous academic society. The environment is fast-paced as the association grows to meet the demands of its members with a variety of programs and services.
1. Organize and administer logistical aspects of the Association's events.
2. Provide daily website maintenance (CMS-adding new content, etc.), and ensure that online job bank, and other future components of website are always current. Help in development of future website and online projects.
3. Assist in day-to-day member relations issues including resolution of problems and taking care of special requests from members.
4. Update and maintain membership database.
5. Maintain relationships with vendors (phones, hotels, printer, etc.)
6. Assist in membership development projects ranging from cold calling educational institutions to targeted recruitment.
7. Assist in grant writing and/or grant reporting, and development research.
8. Help prepare board reports.
9. Assist in organizing public relations and outreach projects as needed.
10. Assist with other programs and projects as needed.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.