August 9, 2011 at 1:27 am #137838
The Fairfax County Office of Public Affairs (OPA) is seeking a talented, organized, energetic and customer-focused senior public information professional. Responsible for executing comprehensive public information programs in a deadline-driven environment while serving as an information and communication consultant to multiple county agencies.
Manages communication aspects of the Office of Public Affairs service delivery model to include:
- detailed plans and goals for social media and online production with responsibility for developing and creating Web page layout, content, graphics, video and photography using industry standards and software packages for the county’s Web site and intranet;
- serving on the OPA emergency team;
- responding as essential personnel in emergencies;
- providing sensitive information to the media;
- and coordinating countywide special events and ceremonies.
Also develops and manages communication plans and strategies, special projects, online packages and programs and materials to promote increased engagement with internal and external audiences; is aware of best practices and trends in the communications industry; completes continual reviews of editorial content to ensure quality and usability; develops creative approaches to share information with diverse populations; uses critical thinking and creative problem solving when advising director and senior management regarding internal as well as external communication issues, policies and procedures.
Closes Aug. 19. Full details: https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/jobs/listing/detail.asp?job=11-1897
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.