January 21, 2011 at 6:58 pm #121331
Federal Finance Analyst – Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Deadline: January 28, 2011
Pay: $35,247.68 to $80,368.05 Annually
Description: The Office of Medicaid within the Executive Office of Health and Human Services administers the Commonwealth’s Medicaid and CHIP programs (MassHealth). The Federal Finance Unit is responsible for managing the financial aspects of federal authorities (including Medicaid and CHIP State Plan documents and Medicaid waivers) governing federal financial participation in these programs, totaling more than $5 billion annually.
The Federal Finance Analyst provides in-depth analytical support for the Director of Federal Finance. The role helps facilitate the ongoing relationship between the federal government and the Commonwealth, and supports MassHealth’s mission to help the financially needy obtain high-quality health care.
In particular, the Analyst evaluates the federal implications of proposed policy changes from a financial perspective and monitors expenditure and enrollment reporting.
· Advise and support the Director of Federal Finance on program, policy, financial, and reporting issues; prepare presentations and briefing memos as required.
· Analyze federal implications of Medicaid policy proposals.
· Monitor expenditure and enrollment reporting and identify strategies to ensure accuracy and quality.
· Analyze and monitor the financial aspects of existing Medicaid Demonstration Waivers, including budget neutrality and SNCP expenditures.
· Work with MassHealth staff and other state agencies to answer information requests, including those from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) and other federal agencies.
· Support EOHHS efforts to create and implement future Medicaid waivers and amendments to existing waivers.
· Analyze and monitor financial aspects of State Plan development and submission in the context of EOHHS’s goals, priorities, and objectives.
· Review and recommend updates to state laws, rates, and regulations to ensure consistency with federal rules.
· Perform other duties as required.
Applicants must have at least (A) four years of full-time, or equivalent part-time, professional experience in financial management work, the major duties of which included at least two or more of the following functions: budgeting, accounting, auditing, management analysis, program evaluation, financial reporting, or statistical reporting of program results and (B) of which at least three years must have been in a supervisory or managerial capacity or (C) any equivalent combination of the required experience and the substitutions below.
I. A Master’s or higher degree with a major in accounting, business administration, economics, finance, hospital administration, industrial engineering, industrial or business management, or public administration may be substituted for a maximum of one year of the required (A) experience.*
*Education toward such a degree will be prorated on the basis of the proportion of the requirements actually completed.
· Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills with experience in mathematical and statistical analysis.
· Ability to write and present information clearly and concisely.
· Ability to work with a wide variety of people and establish and maintain effective working relationships.
· Knowledge of health care policy and financing (e.g. primary, acute, long-term care, and disability policy).
· Experience analyzing data sets using database programs, statistical analysis programs (e.g. SAS), and Microsoft Excel.
· A degree in a related field (Political Science/Politics, Public Administration, Public Policy, Economics, Business Administration, Management, Law, etc.
· Familiarity with the Medicaid program and federal financial participation provisions.
· Familiarity with state and federal legislative processes, and with health care-related legislation and policy issues.
· Ability to manage time, to set priorities, and to work under time constraints.
· Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
How to Apply: Please send resume and cover letter to:
Children Youth and Families
Employment and Staffing Unit
600 Washington Street
Boston, MA 02111
Resume and cover letter may also be sent via facsimile to Fax 617-348-5980. Please reference the posting ID# J24130 on all correspondence.
If you have any questions about this posting please contact the customer service center line at 1-800-510-4122.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.