May 23, 2011 at 3:47 pm #130989
Job Title: Chief, Field Review Branch
Department: Department Of Housing And Urban Development
Agency: Federal Housing Commissioner, Assistant Secretary for Housing
Job Announcement Number: F11-DE-480547-2CLz
SALARY RANGE: $103,771.00 - $134,899.00 /year
OPEN PERIOD: Monday, May 23, 2011 to Friday, May 27, 2011
SERIES & GRADE: GS-1101-14
POSITION INFORMATION: Full Time Career/Career Conditional
PROMOTION POTENTIAL: 14
DUTY LOCATIONS: 1 vacancy - Denver, CO
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: United States Citizens
Join the Department of Housing & Urban Development (HUD) team if you are looking for a challenging career and want to help individuals achieve the American Dream! HUD is an integral partner in revitalizing and improving communities across America. Our mission focuses on expanding homeownership, increasing access to affordable housing, strengthening communities, fighting housing discrimination, and tackling homelessness issues.
Great Benefits Package including paid vacation, sick days, holidays, health and life insurance and an excellent retirement package!
Office Address: Office of Housing, Single Family Homeownership Center, Quality Assurance Division, Field Review Branch, 1670 Broadway, Denver, Colorado
To learn more about HUD's mission and programs, click here: http://www.hud.gov/
Federal status candidates may apply for this position under announcement #F11-MP-480545-2CL. Candidates that want to apply under a special non competitive hiring authority, such as Schedule A or compensable disabled veterans, must apply under the Federal status announcement.
Salary listed reflects salary range from step 1 through step 10 of the grade. Pay setting regulations require that pay for first Federal appointment be set at the step 1 of the grade, which is $103,771 for this position.
* United States Citizen
* More than one position may be filled from this vacancy announcement.
* A background investigation is required for all Federal employees.
* Must meet specialized experience requirements (See Qualifications)
* Directing and supervising a staff of out stationed Single Family Housing Specialist responsible for on-site monitoring of the performance of Title II mortgagees and Title I lenders against established standards, procedures, and requirements and for compliance with Fair Housing and RESPA.
* Directs and supervises a clerical and professional staff within and out-stationed from the Homeownership Center;
* Responding to inquiries and questions from program participants regarding risk management and monitoring responsibilities;
* Reviewing reports and taking appropriate follow-up actions;
* Addressing inquiries and questions from the mortgage banking industry;
* Develops, implements and/or recommends operating procedures and systems, staffing patterns, and budget required to carry out a cost effective and efficient risk management program through the monitoring of program participants;
* Reviews and evaluates work of subordinates to determine whether stated objectives are met;
* Advises and trains staff regarding program objectives;
* Exercises technical and administrative supervision over the staff and is responsible for providing day to day control and operation of the branch;
* Ensures staff are in compliance with established procedures, policies and prescribed management and operating techniques;
* Interprets and applies guidelines in responding to and solving problems dealing with controversial issues;
* Serves as a technical expert to the Director on matters concerning risk management and monitoring of Title II mortgagees and Title I lenders, including the evaluation of the results of such monitoring;
* Makes recommendations to the Director in the Quality Assurance Division of program participants who are in serious violation of Departmental guidelines and regulations to the Office of the Inspector General, Enforcement Center, RESPA, Mortgagee Review Board and program offices for appropriate criminal investigation or administrative sanctions;
* Represents the Director of the Quality Assurance Division with other government agencies, private sector industry representatives and others in conferences and meetings pertaining to risk management or monitoring activities for Single Family programs.
For more information, see http://jobview.usajobs.gov/GetJob.aspx?JobID=99591554&JobTitle=Chief%2c+Field+Review+Branch&x=57&y=15&brd=3876&vw=b&FedEmp=N&FedPub=Y&tm=0&pg=4&re=4&AVSDM=2011-05-23+00%3a03%3a00.
September 8, 2011 at 11:56 am #130991
The "open perioed" for applying for this position was FIVE (5) days. Everybody should suspect that this position was "filled" before it was ever advertised - in other words, pre-selected.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.