March 29, 2012 at 2:28 pm #157474
Job ID: 9875495 Position Title: Financial Analyst Company Name: Sammamish Plateau Water & Sewer District Job Function: Finance Entry Level: No Location(s): Sammamish, Washington, United States Posted: March 28, 2012 Job Type: Full-Time Min Education: BA/BS/Undergraduate Min Experience: 3-5 Years Required Travel: None Salary: $57,000.00 – $80,000.00 (Yearly Salary)
Summary: Under the direct supervision of the Finance Manager, performs a variety of technical and analytical duties pertaining to the maintenance and analysis of the District financial management system.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs professional accounting work, including auditing, analyzing and verifying records and reports to include compiling and coordinating periodic reports to management on status of operations, expenditures, revenues, and other issues.
- Conducts detailed budget and accounting reconciliation and prepares status reports for various accounting funds; analyzes various sources of data and reconciles inconsistencies.
- Performs generalized accounting duties, including initiation and review of journal entries, internal audits, cash audits, and other specialize analysis as assigned.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of budget monitoring systems in conjunction with planning and carrying out budget procedures, budget preparation, monitoring performance measures, and fiscal forecasting.
- Assists in budget preparation to ensure financial and strategic planning initiatives, also may include rate studies, capital improvement programs, operations and proposed new programs.
- Conducts special studies and analyses pertaining to a wide variety of issues including development of performance measurements system, analysis of utility rates, preparation of cost/benefit analyses, and development of financial systems
- Reviews and maintains departmental policies and practices related to financial reporting, cost accounting, budgeting, and internal systems; makes recommendations for improvement.
- Assists with the implementation of the District’s Fixed Asset Program; maintain and reconciles fixed asset records and coordinates fixed asset inventory with all Departments.
- Assists Finance Manager and other Managers with special projects as assigned and provides leadership and backup duties for payroll, accounts payable, and general ledger functions.
- Provides backup for Finance Manager – manages the Finance Department in the absence of the Finance Manager.
- Knowledgeable in: financial management principles, practices and department goals, polices, and technical operations, municipal budget practices, fund and enterprising accounting and related analytical techniques, governmental fund accounting, financial reports standards, and City and State laws pertaining to municipal budgeting
- Ability to develop charts, graphs, and other explanatory materials as need, work independently to conduct research in complex and various subjects and prepare concise written summarizes for management decision making; Work effectively with a wide variety of staff, managers, and Board of Commissioners and able to maintain confidentiality and routinely handle sensitive issues.
- Working knowledge of Windows operating system and Microsoft Office with an advanced knowledge and practical application in Excel.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.