August 11, 2011 at 3:35 pm #138181
Job Title: Financial Analyst (Forensics)
Department: Department Of Homeland Security
Agency: U.S. Secret Service
Sub Agency: United States Secret Service
Job Announcement Number: INV-AD033-11-DE
SALARY RANGE: $74,872.00 – $115,742.00 /year
OPEN PERIOD: Thursday, August 11, 2011 to Wednesday, August 24, 2011
SERIES & GRADE: GS-0501-12/13
POSITION INFORMATION: Full-Time Permanent
PROMOTION POTENTIAL: 13
DUTY LOCATIONS: few vacancy(s) in one of the following locations: Washington, DC
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: All United States citizens
**This vacancy is being concurrently advertised under (INV-AD033-11-MP) merit promotion procedures.
For definitions of terms found in this announcement, please click here.
Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
Building on a Tradition of Excellence and Meeting the Challenges of the Future The Secret Service is a premier law enforcement organization with two critical national security missions: protect our nation’s leaders and to conduct criminal investigations. Our team members continue a tradition of excellence – whether investigating financial crime or protecting national and visiting foreign leaders. In the Secret Service, we serve the country with duty, loyalty, justice, integrity and courage.
In the Secret Service, we:
* Protect the President, the Vice President, and other leaders; investigate threats against them; and safeguard their residences and other facilities
* Plan and implement security designs for National Special Security Events
* Investigate financial crimes including fraud, identity theft and computer-based attacks on banking or telecommunications infrastructure
Joining the Secret Service, Office of Investigations, Criminal Investigative Division (CID) will allow you to provide your analytical expertise to trace, identify and analyze fraudulent financial activity in support of criminal investigations. The work directly impacts the outcome of bank, credit card, mortgage and other financial fraud cases. The Financial Analyst (Forensics) position starts at a salary of $74,872 (GS-12), with promotion potential to $89,033 (GS-13). For more information on the Secret Service click here.
* U.S. citizenship is required.
The selectee will serve as a Financial Analyst (Forensics) in the Criminal Investigative Division. Typical work assignments include:
* Conducting forensic analysis of financial data to ensure accuracy and identify irregularities; tracing elicit funds, locating and evaluating hidden assets.
* Tracing, locating and evaluating assets; performing asset identification and recovery for fraud cases.
* Quantifying losses during investigations.
* Preparing litigation documentation and providing witness testimony in the areas of cyber crimes, mortgage fraud, money laundering, and other complex financial crimes.
* Compiling and writing financial forensic reports; advising peers, members of the law enforcement community and prosecutors.
For more information, see http://jobview.usajobs.gov/GetJob.aspx?JobID=101592459&JobTitle=Financial+Analyst+%28Forensics%29&x=80&y=14&brd=3876&vw=b&FedEmp=N&FedPub=Y&tm=0&pg=4&re=4&AVSDM=2011-08-11+00%3a03%3a00.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.