August 15, 2011 at 3:00 pm #138477
Job Title: Financial Policy Specialist, GS-11/12
Department: Department Of Homeland Security
Agency: Federal Emergency Management Agency
Job Announcement Number: MG2011-T0326-VTR-519812-D/M
SALARY RANGE: $62,467.00 – $97,333.00 /year
OPEN PERIOD: Monday, August 15, 2011 to Friday, August 26, 2011
SERIES & GRADE: GS-0501-11/12
POSITION INFORMATION: Full Time Career/Career Conditional
PROMOTION POTENTIAL: 12
DUTY LOCATIONS: 1 vacancy – Washington DC Metro Area, DC
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: US Citizens and Status Candidates
Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling.
DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
When disaster strikes, America looks to FEMA. Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce.
Who May Apply
· All U.S. Citizens
· Current federal employees serving under a career or career-conditional appointment
· Former federal employees with reinstatement eligibility
· Persons eligible for non-competitive appointment under special hiring authorities (click here for a list of authorities)
· Persons eligible under an Interchange Agreement (click here to view a list of covered agreements)
· Veterans’ preference eligible or veterans who have been separated from the Armed Forces under honorable conditions after substantially completing at least three consecutive years of active duty (click here for information on veterans)
· For definitions of terms found in this announcement, please click here
· This position opportunity is also being advertised at the GS-09 grade level. Please see vacancy announcement number MG2011-T0325-VTR-519807-D/M for additional information.
PROMOTION POTENTIAL: Future promotions will be dependent on your ability to perform the duties at a higher level, the continuing need for an employee assigned to the higher level, and administrative approval.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: FEMA employees are subject to 24 hour on-call in the event of any emergency. This service may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee’s official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites that require functioning under intense physical and mental stress.
Relocation expenses are not authorized for this position.
* You must be a U.S. citizen to apply for this position.
* You must be able to obtain a (Public Trust) security clearance.
* You may be required to undergo periodic drug testing.
* Occasional travel may be required.
* Direct Deposit is mandatory.
* Males born after 12/31/59 – Selective Service Registration required.
This position is located within the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), Office of the Chief Financial Officer, Financial Policy Unit.
Typical work assignments include:
* Conducts in-depth research of policies, standards, guidelines, directives, and regulations to provide administrative direction and guidance to office/Agency personnel.
* Prepares presentations, reports, and decision papers concerning travel policy matters.
* Reviews, analyzes legislative and regulatory proposals for consistency with financial laws, regulations, and policies.
* Evaluates the execution of policies, procedures, and regulations by Agency personnel, recommend changes to accommodate changing Federal financial management guidelines.
* Develops, implements, and modifies financial management and travel policies, standards, regulations, and procedures.
For more information, see http://jobview.usajobs.gov/GetJob.aspx?JobID=101670924&JobTitle=Financial+Policy+Specialist%2c+GS-11%2f12&x=87&y=2&brd=3876&vw=b&FedEmp=N&FedPub=Y&re=4&tm=0&pg=12&AVSDM=2011-08-15+00%3a03%3a00.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.