June 2, 2011 at 5:45 pm #131833
Job Title: Foreign Affairs Specialist
Department: Department Of Energy
Agency: National Nuclear Security Administration
Sub Agency: National Nuclear Security Administration
Job Announcement Number: PN-11-NA-00-504
SALARY RANGE: $51,630.00 – $97,333.00 /year
OPEN PERIOD: Thursday, June 02, 2011 to Wednesday, June 08, 2011
SERIES & GRADE: NQ-0130-02/02
POSITION INFORMATION: Full Time – Competitive Service Permanent
PROMOTION POTENTIAL: 02
DUTY LOCATIONS: 3 vacancy(s) in one of the following locations: Washington DC Metro Area, DC
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: All U.S. citizens.
Would you like to have a job that can ensure national security by providing support to the nation’s nuclear weapons stockpile stewardship activities? If so, then the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA), Office of Second Lien of Defense, has the perfect employment opportunity for a Foreign Affairs Specialist. In the position you play an important role in accomplishing the national security mission of the Department of Energy’s National Nuclear Security Administration. You will utilize your experience in Nuclear Megaports initiatives.
Relocation expenses will NOT be paid.
Conditions of Employment:
– Subject to Random Drug Testing
– Must pass a pre-employment drug test
– Favorable suitability determination
– Must be able to obtain/maintain a Q Security Clearance
– Must be U.S. Citizen
– Generally, male applicants must be registered with the Selective Service
– A one year probationary period may be required
– The position requires travel outside of the duty station on a regular basis approximately 25% of time
– Financial disclosure is required
– In this position the incumbent will report directly to the Megaports or core program manager and will assist in the managing of the Megaports or core program mission, priorities, elements, management structure and resources to help facilitate the program initiatives.
– Has the responsibility to develop, negotiate, and oversee bilateral agreements with host nation governement agencies and technical institutes.
– Will be responsible for stategic plaanning, budget development, and program reviews.
– Will be required to remain abreast of changes in the Office Second Line of Defense (SLD) program goals.
– Will prepare recommendations, as assigned, on presentations that management officials will provide to Senior DOE officials, other agencies, Congressional committes, the General Accounting Office, and other U.S. and foreign government officials.
– Being a part of SLD requires the incumbent to be involved in international and domestic nuclear border security programs and the incumbent will develop clear-time phased goals, plans, and objectives to meet the SLD mission.
For more information, see http://jobview.usajobs.gov/GetJob.aspx?JobID=99876409&JobTitle=Foreign+Affairs+Specialist&x=81&y=13&brd=3876&vw=b&FedEmp=N&FedPub=Y&tm=0&pg=3&re=4&AVSDM=2011-06-02+00%3a03%3a00.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.