May 19, 2011 at 2:31 pm #130863
Job Title: Forensic Accountant, GS 09 (EX)
Department: Department Of Justice
Agency: Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
Sub Agency: Federal Bureau of Investigation
Job Announcement Number: AQ-2011-0033
SALARY RANGE: $47,448.00 - $61,678.00 /year
OPEN PERIOD: Friday, May 13, 2011 to Monday, May 23, 2011
SERIES & GRADE: GS-0510-09/09
POSITION INFORMATION: Excepted Service Permanent, Full-Time
PROMOTION POTENTIAL: 12
DUTY LOCATIONS: 1 vacancy - Albuquerque [including Kirtland AFB], NM
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: This announcement is open to all qualified U.S. citizens.
This position is being advertised concurrently with Announcement Number AQ-2011-0032. FBI candidates who wish to be considered on External and FBI only certificates must apply to both announcements.
Our Mission is to protect and defend the United States against terrorist and foreign intelligence threats, to uphold and enforce the criminal laws of the United States, and to provide leadership and criminal justice services to federal, state, municipal, and international agencies and partners.
Public Service is a public trust. For the FBI, this means that the public has committed to our care the safety of our Nation and the defense of our Constitution. To sustain that trust and to meet our resulting obligations, we must adhere strictly to our core values of: Rigorous obedience to the Constitution, Respect, Compassion, Fairness, Integrity, Accountability, and Leadership.
Division: Albuquerque Field Office
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Working Hours: 8:15 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (Monday - Friday)
The FBI must ensure our workforce is fully staffed to continue protecting our nation and combating crime. As a result, the FBI is committed to achieving FY 2011 hiring goals. Effective 05/13/2011 through 11/01/2011, FBI employees will be precluded from moving to another position within the Bureau by means of promotion, reassignment or change to lower grade unless the new position offers a greater promotional potential than the position in which they are currently serving. Supervisory positions are excluded from the moratorium.
Some travel may be required.
Selectees must be willing to sign a mobility agreement.
If the selectee is not an on-board FBI Financial Analyst or Forensic Accountant, the selectee approved for hire will be required to attend a mandatory six-week Forensic Accountant Core Training Session (FACTS) held at the FBI academy in Quantico, Virginia. Once dates are established, employees will be notified in advance.
* U.S. Citizenship Required
* Must be able to obtain a Top Secret-SCI clearance.
- Conducts forensic analysis of financial data associated with FBI jurisdictional violations with limited guidance from case agents and attorneys.
- Provides knowledge of accounting and financial practices, securities, banking systems, conventional and non-conventional financial institutions, and profit and non-profit businesses.
- Compiles pertinent financial findings and conclusions to prepare forensic accounting reports. Testifies as an expert witness in criminal proceedings.
- Leverages technology to review a variety of financial transactions, and other corporate, business, and financial processes, associations and record-keeping systems.
- Assists in developing new forensic accounting techniques and workpapers. Establishes contacts and exchanges ideas with individuals in private industry, law enforcement, and other government agencies.
For more information, see http://jobview.usajobs.gov/GetJob.aspx?JobID=99400853&JobTitle=Forensic+Accountant%2c+GS+09+%28EX%29&aid=96272894-17511&wt.mc_n=125&jbf785=9&re=3&tm=7&pg=5&AVSDM=2011-05-16+11%3a12%3a00.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.