July 11, 2011 at 3:41 pm #134974
Job Title: General Business & Industrial Specialist
Department: Department Of The Navy
Agency: Naval Sea Systems Command
Job Announcement Number: NE1-1101-13-JB502077-DE
SALARY RANGE: $89,012.00 - $115,714.00 /year
OPEN PERIOD: Monday, July 11, 2011 to Friday, July 15, 2011
SERIES & GRADE: GS-1101-13
POSITION INFORMATION: Full Time Career/Career Conditional
DUTY LOCATIONS: 1 vacancy - San Diego County, CA
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: United States Citizens
Discover a civilian career with the U.S. Department of the Navy that is filled with possibilities and be a part of something that makes a difference for you, the country, and the world.
This position is located in the TAKE/MLP Project Offices at the Supervisor of Shipbuilding, Conversion and Repair, Bath Detachment, San Diego, California. The purpose of this position is to be the Project Lead of assigned hulls and provide team leadership and work task direction to project office personnel. The employee will develop and monitor work tasks via independently developed system based on general guidance from project office senior managers.
* If claiming Veterans Preference you must attach the supporting documents
* PCS/Relocation costs may or may not be authorized
· Coordinates monitors and expedites the production effort of the SUPSHIP office and supporting NAVSEA activities throughout the ship construction period focusing on events necessary to assure timely ship delivery.
· Monitors the activities and problems confronting the shipbuilder and various SUPSHIP Detachment San Diego departments by conducting regular conference and establishing/maintaining a production reporting systems.
· Coordinate the accomplishment of authorized new or modified work by the contractor.
· Initiates contract change action, including technical scope preparations.
· Managing the conduct of shipboard inspection for, writing of job specifications, change orders, processing work, resolving waterfront issues and performing other related planning and estimating tasks for various ship systems.
· Establishes general operating procedures and internal methods to be used for evaluation and development of assigned repair standards and repair scopes of work.
· Develops reviews and provides estimates regarding the level of effort and cost accomplish assigned tasks or work items.
· Consult with; and or participates in formal and informal conferences with contractors, subcontractors, ship’s force, and representatives of other Government agencies to resolve technical problems.
· Attends and contributes to internal and external conferences covering such matters as workload, policy, and schedules.
· Perform management of Government owned equipment, material, and facilities (HAZMAT material and trailer, furniture and office equipment, special test equipment, berthing barge).
For more information, see http://jobview.usajobs.gov/GetJob.aspx?JobID=100778681&JobTitle=General+Business+%26+Industrial+Specialist&x=116&y=12&brd=3876&vw=b&FedEmp=N&FedPub=Y&tm=0&pg=3&re=4&AVSDM=2011-07-11+00%3a03%3a00.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.