November 29, 2010 at 8:15 pm #116734
The area: Software Engineering
Google’s software engineers develop the next-generation technologies for which we’ve become world-renowned. In addition to revolutionizing search technology, we use our world-class programming skills to innovate in a number of other areas as well. Our projects include working on advanced information-retrieval algorithms, massive scalability and storage solutions and large-scale applications that enrich the user experience. We also work extensively on networking systems, advertising systems and complex transaction systems in consumer applications.
The role: Front End Software Engineer
As a Front End Software Engineer at Google, you will specialize in building responsive and elegant web UIs with AJAX and similar technologies. You will play a key role in helping Google build next-generation web applications like GMail, Google Docs, Google Maps and iGoogle.
- Build next-generation web applications with a focus on the client side.
- Redesign UI’s, Implement new UI’s and pick up Java as necessary.
- Engage with back-end systems
- Computer Science degree or equivalent work experience.
- Significant development experience in C/C++ or Java
- Experience with server-side web frameworks such as JSP or ASP.Net
- Experience with UI frameworks such as XUL, Flex and XAML a plus
- User Interface design knowledge
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.