June 8, 2011 at 3:18 pm #132315
Job Title: Grants Management Specialist - NIAID - DE
Department: Department Of Health And Human Services
Agency: National Institutes of Health
Job Announcement Number: NIH-NIAID-DE-2011-482482
SALARY RANGE: $51,630.00 - $97,333.00 /year
OPEN PERIOD: Wednesday, June 08, 2011 to Sunday, June 12, 2011
SERIES & GRADE: GS-1109-09/12
POSITION INFORMATION: Full Time Career/Career Conditional
PROMOTION POTENTIAL: 13
DUTY LOCATIONS: 1 vacancy - Montgomery County, MD
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: United States Citizens
The NIH is the premier biomedical research center for the world. Its 27 Institutes and Centers employ approximately 18,000 employees doing a vast array of jobs, all supporting efforts for a healthy nation. For information on the NIH mission, goals, and Institutes and Centers, visit NIH Overview.
This position is located in the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), Division of Extramural Activities, (DEA), Grants Management Program (GMP). The Grants Management Program is responsible for the administrative management of all NIAID extramural grant support of research and research training; advising scientific program staff on the full range of technical grants management issues; representing DEA and serving as the liaison to the NIH on grants issues involving NIAID. If selected for this position you will serve as a Grants Management Specialist responsible for the full range of functions related to the award administration of an assigned portfolio of discretionary grant awards.
* U.S. Citizenship requirement met by closing date.
* Position is subject to a background investigation.
If selected for this position you will serve as a Grants Management Specialist performing the following duties:
* Participating in the planning and business management of the full range of assigned grants and renewal applications.
* Reviewing applications and ascertaining the allowability, allocability, reasonableness, and consistency of recommended costs.
* Evaluating budget justifications and financial arrangements, including cost analysis, review of accounting systems, adequacy of resources, acceptability of milestones, and techniques proposed to ensure responsible stewardship of funds.
* Participating in the negotiation of the budget, award period, and terms and conditions for grant awards.
* Performing post-award monitoring of grants and cooperative agreements.
* Resolving complex and controversial problems, working with scientific and administrative personnel and with similar staff of grantee organizations.
* Contributing to the initiation, refinement, and implementation of applicable policies and procedural guidance.
For more information, see http://jobview.usajobs.gov/GetJob.aspx?JobID=100022396&JobTitle=Grants+Management+Specialist+-+NIAID+-+DE&x=81&y=13&brd=3876&vw=b&FedEmp=N&FedPub=Y&tm=0&pg=2&re=3&AVSDM=2011-06-08+00%3a03%3a00.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.