September 1, 2011 at 3:44 pm #140263
Job Title: Grants Management Specialist-1109-12
Department: Department Of Homeland Security
Agency: Federal Emergency Management Agency
Job Announcement Number: MG-2011-91316-VMJ-528865COR
SALARY RANGE: $73,408.00 – $92,429.00 /year
OPEN PERIOD: Thursday, September 01, 2011 to Thursday, September 15, 2011
SERIES & GRADE: GS-1109-12
POSITION INFORMATION: Full Time Temporary NTE 2 years
PROMOTION POTENTIAL: 12
DUTY LOCATIONS: 1 vacancy – Philadelphia Metro area, PA
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: United States Citizens
When disaster strikes, America looks to FEMA. Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce.
You will serve in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), Grants Program Division, Philadelphia, PA, in the Region 3 office. In this position, you will develop, deliver, and maintain a variety of support activities related to the administration of the Agency’s Disaster Grants Management Activities. All activities are performed in the context of the Agency’s mission and responsibilities under the Robert T. Stafford Act.
PROMOTION POTENTIAL: Future promotions will be dependent on your ability to perform the duties at a higher level, the continuing need for an employee assigned to the higher level, and administrative approval.
This position is being announced under FEMA’s CORE Program (Cadre of on-call Response/Recovery employees). These positions are authorized under P.L. 93-288 to perform temporary disaster work and are funded from the Disaster Relief Fund. Appointments are excepted service, temporary appointments. This is a 2 year temporary appointment in the Excepted Service.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: FEMA employees are subject to 24 hour on-call in the event of any emergency. This service may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee’s official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites that require functioning under intense physical and mental stress.
Relocation expenses are not authorized for this position.
* You must be a U.S. citizen to be considered for this position.
* This position requires a Public Trust background check.
* Occasional travel may be required.
* You may be required to serve a trial period of 1 year.
* Direct Deposit is mandatory.
* Males born after 12/31/59 – Selective Service Registration required.
* Provides analytical, forecasting and interpretive functions associated with the management, tracking, and control of resources or funds.
* Performs review of applications, State Administrative Plans, State Management Costs, etc., for such matters as FEMA’s interest in the subject-matter, clarity and completeness of the application, adequacy of the proposed approach, justification for supplies, equipment and staff required.
* Provides advice and guidance on the full range of grant/agreement determinations and advises management staff on all matters concerning grants and cooperative agreements with Federal, State, and local (non-federal) agencies, memoranda of understanding, and relevant laws and regulations.
* Provides assistance in the development of FEMA Grants policies and procedures and independently answers questions and resolves problems, requiring judgment and knowledge of grants management policies and processes at FEMA.
For more information, see http://jobview.usajobs.gov/GetJob.aspx?JobID=102125701&JobTitle=Grants+Management+Specialist-1109-12&x=87&y=9&brd=3876&vw=b&FedEmp=N&FedPub=Y&tm=0&pg=7&re=4&AVSDM=2011-09-01+00%3a03%3a00.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.