August 10, 2011 at 12:59 pm #137999
Department: Department Of Veterans Affairs
Agency: Veterans Health Administration
Job Announcement Number: KB-11-REC-513046
$81,823.00 – $106,369.00 /year
Tuesday, August 09, 2011 to Monday, August 15, 2011
SERIES & GRADE:
Full Time Career/Career Conditional
1 vacancy – Orlando, FL
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED:
United States Citizens
VacancyID: 513046 (Include on all documents).
To fulfill President Lincoln’s promise – “To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan” – by serving and honoring the men and women who are America’s Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to veterans?
YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Every job at the VA impacts the Veterans that we serve. You can be part of that team, helping to make sure that our Veterans receive the top-quality care they deserve.
VA professionals feel good about their careers and their ability to balance work and home life. VA offers generous paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling opportunities. For more information on the Department of Veterans Affairs, go tohttp://www.vacareers.va.gov/.
- You must be a U.S. citizen to apply for this job.
- Subject to a background/suitability investigation.
- Designated and/or random drug testing may be required.
Additional Duty Location Info:1 vacancy – Orlando, FL
This position is located in the National Simulation Center (SimLEARN) within the Employee Education System (EES) of the Veterans Health Administration (VHA) located in Orlando, FL. The EES is an administration-wide, comprehensive, virtual, education-focused organization supporting VHA continuing learning objectives through all-employee training, education, performance support, development, and consultation. The mission of VHA’s SimLEARN program is to promote excellence in health care provided to America’s Veterans though the use of simulation technologies for process modeling, training, education, and research to establish VHA as the world leader in the application of simulation based strategies. You will plan, develop, implement, and consult on a variety of programs and venues to accomplish results oriented outcomes and promote the values and goals of the department. Major duties and responsibilities include:
- Provides expertise and guidance to EES clients related to training approaches;
- Formulates recommendations for the development/creation of training for the existing systems that fulfill VHA’s commitment to develop a highly skilled work force;
- Administers and resolves policy, program, and project issues associated with educational programs;
- Serves as a national authority for leadership and direction in implementing educational programs/projects of major size and complexity within the assigned National Center’s domain of responsibility;
- Provides guidance and advice on the implementation of educational programs, projects and/or activities;
- Develops and applies new program methods, approaches, and technologies (especially those related to simulation training, education, and research) and extends, revises, and adapts existing methodology to new situations;
- Designs and continuously improves major educational programs in VHA by analyzing audience needs, departmental needs, and budget availability;
- Prepares budget requests, seeks necessary fiscal support and prepares project plans and timelines;
- Conducts training analyses and needs assessment analyses to identify or validate requirements;
- Determines minimum standards of adequacy and accreditation compliance requirements;
- Evaluates programs and courses, designs, and reviews methods to measure quality and effectiveness of programs and instructional techniques;
- Provides educational expertise during the design and development phase to program planning participants ensuring that content and design meets sound educational models, continuing education accreditation requirements, and supports program goals;
- Monitors the cost, management, and overall technical performance of contracts after award either as the Contracting Officer’s Technical Representative (COTR) or as support to the COTR.
Work Schedule: Full-Time, Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm
***RELOCATION EXPENSES AND/OR INCENTIVES ARE NOT AUTHORIZED***
Qualifications and Evaluations
To qualify for this position, you must possess the following qualifications
A.) A Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) that included or was supplemented by major study in education or in a subject-matter field appropriate to the position
B.) A combination of education and experience – courses equivalent to a major in education, or in a subject-matter field appropriate to the position, plus appropriate experience or additional course work that provided knowledge comparable to that normally acquired through the successful completion of the 4-year course of study described in A above.
NOTE: Transcripts are required with your application package to verify Basic Requirements. Failure to submit your transcripts will result in non-consideration.
SELECTIVE PLACEMENT FACTOR:
This position includes a Selective Factor (skill, knowledge, ability or other worker characteristic basic to – and essential for – satisfactory performance of the job). Selective Factors are a prerequisite to appointment and represent minimum requirements for a position. Applicants who do not meet it are ineligible for further consideration.
The selective factor for this position is:
“I possess experience in the design and development of e-Learning/Simulations on clinical topics, which are supported by a portfolio, which demonstrates a background in clinical curriculum development.”
NOTE: Do not submit a portfolio with your application package. A portfolio will be requested at the time of interview.
You must possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower level in the Federal Service. Specialized experience is defined as experience that has provided the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position.
Examples of qualifying specialized experience include: Experience in translation and technological facilitation of instructional design, in the development, production and evaluation of technology-based, interactive multimedia learning systems, including online Intra/Internet learning products, hybrid (CD-DVD/Internet), CD and DVD-based instructional products, electronic performance support system, virtual classroom instructions and blend learning; delivering web-based education and awareness of current and future technology, processes and standards; experience assessing proposals for innovative alternative approaches from the standpoint of educational soundness, likelihood of success, feasibility, cost, priority, and consistency with overall program objective of the agency; utilizing training and development models, curriculum development, adult learning theory/and or instructional design, training needs assessment and gap analysis and report writing.
A full year of work is considered to be 35-40 hours of work per week. Part-time experience will be credited on the basis of time actually spent in appropriate activities. Applicants wishing to receive credit for such experience must indicate clearly the nature of their duties and responsibilities in each position and the number of hours a week spent in such employment.
In addition to the requirements above you must also meet the following Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other characteristics (KSAOs) as part of the assessment questionnaire for this position ( Do not provide separate essay answers for these statements, these KSAOs are addressed in the assessment questionnaire):
- Knowledge of the curriculum development and design processes in higher education.
- Ability to evaluate, test, and measure curricula, education programs and materials, and delivery systems.
- Knowledge of the technology associated with delivering simulation-based clinical education.
- Skill in accomplishing work through strong and effective interpersonal relationships as all levels within and outside the organization.
For more information on these qualification standards, please visit the United States Office of Personnel Management’s website athttp://www.opm.gov/qualifications .
APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE: Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Please refer to this checklist to ensure proper accreditation and for foreign education requirements.
When applying for Federal jobs, eligible veterans should claim preference on the Occupational Questionnaire in the section provided and provide a legible copy of DD-214(s) showing all dates of service as well as character of service (honorable, general, etc.). Additionally, veterans with service-connected disability of 10% or more must also submit a copy of their official statement from the Department of Veterans Affairs, or from a branch of the Armed Forces, certifying their service-connected disability and/or their receipt of compensation for service-connected disability.
Veterans with service-connected disability of less than 10%, nonservice-connected disability, and Purple Heart recipients, as-well-as those claiming derived preference for a spouse, widow or widower, or natural mother, should refer to and submit a completed SF 15, “Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference,” and required documentation with your application materials.
For more information on Veterans’ Preference, please visit http://www.opm.gov/veterans/html/vetsinfo.asp.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:Applicants will be ranked based on four quality groups, as follows:
- Best qualified – applicants possessing experience that substantially exceeds the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors, and who are highly proficient in all requirements of the job and can perform effectively in the position;
- Highly qualified – applicants possessing experience that exceeds the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors, and who are proficient in most of the requirements of the job;
- Well qualified – applicants possessing experience that meets the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors, and who are proficient in some, but not all, of the requirements of the job; and
- Qualified – applicants possessing experience and/or education that meets the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors.
After the vacancy announcement closes, reviewed applications are evaluated against the questionnaire responses and placed in the appropriate quality group. Qualified veterans will be afforded preference by being placed at the top of the appropriate quality group. The best qualified group is the first to be referred to the hiring facility for further consideration and possible interview. The remaining groups may be referred based on the number of applicants available.
Benefits and Other Info
BENEFITS:VA offers a comprehensive benefits package. This link provides an overview of the benefits currently offered: http://www4.va.gov/jobs/job_benefits/benefits.asp.
VA may offer newly-appointed Federal employees credit for their job-related non-federal experience or active duty uniformed military service. This credited service can be used in determining the rate at which they earn annual leave. Such credit must be requested and approved prior to the appointment date and is not guaranteed.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
How To Apply
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete application (See “Required Documents” section below). The complete Application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on Monday, August 15, 2011.
To begin the process, click the Apply Online button at the bottom of this screen to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Be sure to upload the required documents before you submit your application. Please ensure you click the Submit My Answersbutton at the end of the process. Mailed/emailed applications will not be accepted.
Note: To change or update your application, simply reapply through My USAJOBS, before the closing date. To check the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account (https://my.usajobs.gov/Login.aspx), select Application Status and click on the more information link under the application status for this position.
If you cannot apply online:
Click the following link to view and print the occupational questionnaire: View Occupational Questionnaire.
Print this 1203FX form to provide your response to the occupational questionnaire:http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/OPM1203fx.pdf .
- Fax the completed 1203FX form along with all supporting documents to (478)757-3144. Your 1203FX form must be placed on top of all materials being faxed and will serve as a cover page for your fax transmission.
- Keep a copy of your fax receipt in case verification is needed.
To fax supporting documents you are unable to upload:
- Complete this cover page http://staffing.opm.gov/pdf/usascover.pdf using the following Vacancy ID: 513046. You must use this fax cover sheet in order for your documents to be matched with your online application.
- Fax your documents to (478)757-3144.
The following documents are required:
- Responses to the Occupational Questionnaire
- Other documents – Use this checklist to make sure you have included other documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), ICTAP/CTAP documentation (for well-qualified, displaced Federal employees), or documentation to support Veterans Preference claims. You will not be contacted for additional information.
AGENCY CONTACT INFO:
VHA Nationwide DEU
Email: [email protected]
VHA DEU Indianapolis
PLEASE DO NOT MAIL APPLICATIONS
APPLY ONLINE OR FAX ONLY
Thank You, AR 00000
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:After the vacancy announcement closes and a referral certificate is issued, an electronic notification letter – or e-mail – will be sent to applicants who provide an e-mail address. Otherwise, you will receive a notification letter via the U.S. Postal Service within 2 to 4 weeks.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.