August 23, 2011 at 5:26 pm #139308
Job Title: Historian
Department: Department Of The Army
Agency: Field Operating Agencies of the Army Staff
Job Announcement Number: NEHT11186383523730D
SALARY RANGE: $89,033.00 - $115,742.00 /year
OPEN PERIOD: Tuesday, August 23, 2011 to Monday, September 05, 2011
SERIES & GRADE: GS-0170-13
POSITION INFORMATION: Full Time Career/Career Conditional
PROMOTION POTENTIAL: 13
DUTY LOCATIONS: 1 vacancy - Washington DC Metro Area, DC
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: United States Citizens
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
Provide historical support to the Department of the Army. Position is located at the Center of Military History, Histories Division, Histories Branch, Fort McNair, Washington, DC.
Who May Apply: Click here for more information.
* Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
* Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized.
* Defense National Relocation Program will not be authorized.
* Serves as a senior author-historian in the Histories Division, General Histories Branch, responsible either as an individual or as leader of a team for research and writing of a major Army historical volume.
* Performs professional historian duties including research, analysis, and presentation of publications of historical studies concerned with complex, broad, and varied subject matters.
* As a team leader and mentor, coordinates with and guides more junior historians in developing project outlines, research plans, and milestones; allocates preparation of portions of the manuscript to junior historians and reviews and critiques their work.
* Arranges for and conducts interviews with participants or other firsthand observers.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.