June 28, 2011 at 1:50 pm #134051
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Manages all benefits, including health, flexible benefits, retirement, Public Employee Recognition Week, and Faithful Service awards;
2. Receives, processes, and monitors disability retirements, ensuring all required paperwork is submitted to ERS;
3. Tracks LWOP and FMLA, ensuring premium notices are provided in accordance with SHBP and SPA requirements;
4. Manages Workers’ Comp process and AIRS, ensuring claims are handled correctly and timely, and coordinating with DOAS;
5. Monitors the number of reportable claims against DOAS assigned goal and works with Safety Officer and Training Manager to find ways to reduce claims as necessary;
6. Approves and manages modified duty in compliance with policy;
7. Manages the FMLA process, reviewing requests to determine if employee is eligible in accordance with policy and federal law, and coordinates FMLA with STD, LTD and ADA if applicable;
8. Manages assigned projects, assists HR team members and other managers as needed, conducts research, audits records and files, conducts training on topics within area of expertise, assists with Employee Recognition;
9. Maintains supervisory oversight of all personnel files.
Minimum Training & Experience
Bachelor's degree from a four year college or university in business administration, public administration, human resources or related field AND Two years of professional human resource experience as a lead worker/supervisor OR Four years of professional human resource experience, two years of which as a lead worker/supervisor OR One year of experience at the lower level or position equivalent.
Must have experience in benefits or workers' comp. Must have excellent Word and Excel capabilities.
To learn more about this opening, visit https://www.careers.ga.gov/jobsearch/jobdetail.asp?ReqNum=420-16021aa
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.