August 4, 2011 at 2:38 pm #137332
Job Title: Human Resources Specialist (Recruitment & Placement)
Department: Department Of Veterans Affairs
Agency: Veterans Health Administration
Job Announcement Number: LP-11-LJa-508035
SALARY RANGE: $81,460.00 - $105,897.00 /year
OPEN PERIOD: Thursday, August 04, 2011 to Wednesday, August 10, 2011
SERIES & GRADE: GS-0201-12
POSITION INFORMATION: Full Time Temporary NTE 1 Year
DUTY LOCATIONS: 1 vacancy - San Francisco County, CA
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: United States Citizens
VacancyID: 508035 (Include on all documents).
To fulfill President Lincoln's promise – "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" – by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to veterans?
YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Every job at the VA impacts the Veterans that we serve. You can be part of that team, helping to make sure that our Veterans receive the top-quality care they deserve.
VA professionals feel good about their careers and their ability to balance work and home life. VA offers generous paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling opportunities. For more information on the Department of Veterans Affairs, go to http://www.vacareers.va.gov/.
* You must be a U.S. citizen to apply for this job.
* You will be subject to a background/suitability investigation.
* Designated and/or random drug testing may be required.
NOTE: This is a TEMPORARY (not-to-exceed 1 Year) position. This appointment may be renewed for additional service in accordance with Agency needs. Temporary positions do not offer health or life insurance benefits and may be terminated at any time before the expiration date. The appointment to a temporary position does not confer eligibility for promotion or reassignment to other positions or the ability to be non-competitively converted to permanent employment.
This position is located in the Human Resources Management Service, VA Medical Center San Francisco, CA. In this position you serve as the recruitment and placement Human Resources Specialist providing comprehensive staffing and placement services for an assigned group of organizations. Duties and responsibilities include:
· Provides comprehensive recruitment and placement (internal/external) services including personnel in a variety of professional, scientific, technical, administrative, clerical, trade and labor occupations many of which are hard to fill and one of a kind positions.
· Works to recruit and retain a qualified workforce for services organizations.
· Responsible for selecting appropriate recruitment methods and strategies to provide highly qualified applicants.
· Recommends areas consideration and sources of intake based on past experiences and recruitment efforts.
· Announces vacancies within the facility in accordance with merit promotion plan, union policy and appropriate Office of Personnel Management and agency guidelines.
· Evaluates applicants overall credentials in determining eligibility and qualifications, reassignment and promotion in accordance with agency and Office of Personnel Management regulations.
· Conducts job analysis for the purpose of developing valid job related crediting plans/rating guides.
· Guides management in the development of the knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics for the recruitment and placement of well qualified candidates in internal or external competitive staffing actions.
· Provides advice and assistance to management to resolve difficult and complex issues.
· Responds to technical questions and assists in developing approaches to resource needs.
· Develops, modifies, conducts and/or oversees the presentation of refresher training in staffing policies and procedures in areas of pay setting, applicant supply procedures, job analysis and evaluation plan development, suitability determination ,restricted duty counseling and placement, reduction in force, special emphasis programs, special delegated examining authority procedures etc.
· Prepares a variety of reports and correspondence, such as policy statements, staffing and salary studies, congressional and general employment inquires.
· Uses a variety of related materials such as chronological files, computer print outs, placement follow ups and electronic office personnel folders in composing written materials and or reconstructions.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm
***RELOCATION EXPENSES AND/OR INCENTIVES ARE NOT AUTHORIZED***
For more information, see http://jobview.usajobs.gov/GetJob.aspx?JobID=101410997&JobTitle=Human+Resources+Specialist+%28Recruitment+%26+Placement%29&x=88&y=13&brd=3876&vw=b&FedEmp=N&FedPub=Y&re=3&tm=0&pg=2&AVSDM=2011-08-04+00%3a03%3a00.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.