May 17, 2011 at 1:34 am #130457
Excellent Junior Level Opportunity to begin a career in the US Intelligence Community. The job moves to Springfield VA this summer.
Job ID: 20111891
Location: Bethesda, MD
Org: Plans and Programs Division of the Office of Inspector General,
Pay Band 02 (from $42,209 to $77,708)
Applicants are NOT required to submit a cover letter. The entire cover letter CANNOT exceed the specified limits provided in the Cover Letter field (6,500 characters). Pages exceeding this limit will not be considered. THE COVER LETTER IS RECOMMENDED BUT IS NOT REQUIRED. Applicants should place their narrative information in the appropriate field on the Job History and Cover Letter Text Page.
Administrative Officers perform and/or oversee administrative functions for the office to which they are assigned. They develop, implement, and track the organization's operational budgets, administer personnel management actions, and track and support the development of internal policy They function as the organizational representative for training safety security records of internal policy. They function as the organizational representative for training, safety, security, records management, facilities management, timekeeping, and purchase cards. They advise management on issues related to each of these areas.
The Plans and Programs Division of the NGA Office of Inspector General, seeks a highly motivated, flexible, organized self-starter to provide daily support to the Office of Inspector General. This Administrative Officer will be responsible for managing office records, training, travel, supply and transcription requirements, Government Purchase Card supply and training transactions, PeopleSoft personnel actions, infrastructure service requests, mail, time and attendance, serve as backup to N-CERTS taskers, working with customers on service requests to ensure customer satisfaction. The incumbent will also be responsible for front office processes and support to the OIG senior leadership. The incumbent will provide support to the IG/DIG/CoS; receive and prioritize work assignments; prepare travel coordination and arrangements for the ID and DIG; attend calendar meetings to de-conflict schedules and prepare read aheads and/or prep sessions for meetings such as the Executive Leadership Group (ELG) and the Human Capital Management Board (HCMB); plan and schedule events and prepare the Senior Executive for upcoming activities; interact with staff at all levels of the Agency; interfaces with internal and external customers on behalf of the Senior Executive as well as other Intelligence Agencies and Partners; establish and maintain regular and consistent communication with customers by phone, email, and in managing incoming requirements and suspense; work independently and have the ability to prioritize and multi-task. MANDATORY
Experience that equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of this position, and that is typically in or related to the work of this position. For this particular job, applicants must have experience in the following:
- Collaboration, Personnel Management Support, Records Management, Customer Service, Initiative, Process Analysis and Improvement, Research and Information Gathering, Data Management, Exploring Alternatives, Oral and Written Communications, and Quality Assurance.
- Also, applicants should have experience in the following: resolution of customer conflict management issues, and knowledge and use of standard Microsoft Office automation tools.
- Incumbent will be working in a fast paced environment and must be able to handle multiple assignments in a highly efficient and effective manner.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATION CRITERIA:
In addition to the mandatory qualifications, experience in the following is desired:
- Applicants should have interpersonal skills and working knowledge and experience using
- the Defense Travel System (DTS)
- Defense Civilian Payroll System (DCPS)
- Purchase Request Information System (PRISM)
- Government Purchase Card
- Purchase Card Database are pluses.
You must be able to obtain and retain a Top Secret security clearance with access to Sensitive Compartmented Information. In addition, you are subject to a Counterintelligence Polygraph (CI) examination in order to maintain access to Top Secret information. All employees are subject to a periodic examination on a random basis in order to determine continued eligibility. Refusal to take the examination may result in denial of access to Top Secret information, SAP, and/or unescorted access to SCIFs.
- Direct Deposit Required
- Two Year Probationary Period
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Position Subject to Drug Testing
- Security Clearance Required
- Top Secret
- Sensitive Compartmented Information
- Polygraph Test Required
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.