June 30, 2011 at 3:25 pm #134301
Job Title: Information Technology Specialist
Department: Department Of Veterans Affairs
Agency: Department of Veterans Affairs
Job Announcement Number: KL-11-AFr-491722-RIT
SALARY RANGE: $81,823.00 – $106,369.00 /year
OPEN PERIOD: Thursday, June 30, 2011 to Thursday, July 14, 2011
SERIES & GRADE: GS-2210-13
POSITION INFORMATION: Full Time Career/Career Conditional
PROMOTION POTENTIAL: 13
DUTY LOCATIONS: 1 vacancy – Austin, TX
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: United States Citizens
Vacancy Identification Number (VIN): 491722 (Include on all documents)
This is a CRITICAL FILL position.
The VA was established for one purpose – “To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan” – by serving and honoring the men and women who are America’s Veterans.
How would you like to become a part of a team that provides compassionate care to Veterans?
YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Every job at the VA impacts the Veterans that we serve. You can be part of that team, helping to make sure that our Veterans receive the top-quality care they deserve.
VA professionals feel good about their careers and their ability to balance work and home life. VA offers generous paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling opportunities.
For more information on the Department of Veterans Affairs, go to http://www.vacareers.va.gov/.
* You must be a U.S. citizen to apply for this job.
* Designated and/or random drug testing may be required.
* Subject to a background/suitability investigation.
We encourage you to apply for a career in delivering world-class services to Veterans and their families.
The Department of Veterans Affairs fosters the highest standards of leadership, research and development through the use of cutting-edge technology and innovative initiatives that serve our Nation’s Veterans. The Office of Information & Technology enables VA to become a Veteran centric service provider through the delivery of available, adaptable, secure, and cost effective technology services.
Some may think the responsibility of providing superior health care services to our Veterans rests squarely on the shoulders of those who practice medicine. At VA, we believe every position in the health care environment plays a critical role in the delivery of the best care possible… and information technology is a key component to our success.
This position is located within the Office of Information and Technology (OI&T) in Austin, TX. The major duties and responsibilities include:
* Plan and coordinate the installation, upgrade and maintenance of mainframe systems software and/or hardware;
* Manage the operation of mainframe hardware and software communications subsystems components;
* Conduct functional and connectivity testing to insure continuing operability;
* Provide ongoing monitoring, optimization, problem solving and tracking support;
* Achieve recovery from system malfunctions;
* Manage the installation and integration of system fixes, updates and enhancements;
* Provides technical expertise to and works with customers and systems analysts/programmer personnel in all areas related to mainframe systems
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday; 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. With supervisor approval, compressed work week and teleworking schedules are permitted.
Relocation, recruitment and retention expenses and/or bonuses may be authorized.
For more information, see http://jobview.usajobs.gov/GetJob.aspx?JobID=100463584&JobTitle=Information+Technology+Specialist&x=114&y=11&brd=3876&vw=b&FedEmp=N&FedPub=Y&tm=0&pg=7&re=4&AVSDM=2011-06-30+00%3a03%3a00.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.