June 13, 2011 at 3:51 pm #132775
Job Title: INTELLIGENCE RESEARCH SPECIALIST
Department: Department Of Homeland Security
Agency: Citizenship and Immigration Services
Job Announcement Number: CIS-PJN-481597-FDS
SALARY RANGE: $42,209.00 – $81,204.00 /year
OPEN PERIOD: Monday, June 13, 2011 to Friday, June 17, 2011
SERIES & GRADE: GS-0132-07/11
POSITION INFORMATION: Full Time Career/Career Conditional
PROMOTION POTENTIAL: 11
DUTY LOCATIONS: Few vacancies – WASHINGTON, DC
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: United States Citizens
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services secures America’s promise as a nation of immigrants by providing accurate and useful information to our customers, granting immigration and citizenship benefits, promoting an awareness and understanding of citizenship, and ensuring the integrity of our immigration system.
Every day, our Intelligence Research Specialists:
* Represent the organization on committees and working groups
* Participate in developing and drafting polices, procedures, and guidelines
* Analyze and evaluate large volumes of intelligence materials
Organizational Location: This position is located in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services, Fraud Detection and National Security Directorate, Intelligence Branch, Washington, DC.
Relocation Expenses: USCIS will not pay your relocation expenses.
This position is not in the bargaining unit.
This position is considered “essential” for purposes of reporting to work when the facility might otherwise be closed.
Note: USCIS may fill one or more positions using this vacancy.
* U.S. Citizenship or National
* Background Investigation including financial disclosure
* Residency Requirement and Drug Screening
* Meet relevant experience and/or education requirements
* Resume and supporting documents
* Males born after 12/31/59 must be registered with Selective Service
The duties described are for the full-performance level. At developmental grade levels, assignments will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence, and limited complexity.
As an Intelligence Research Specialist, your duties will include:
* Utilizing a wide variety of research sources as well as direct liaison to develop an intelligence base of information from which to draw inferences and summaries.
* Preparing reports, assessments, materials for publications, statistical summaries and other material concerning program operations.
* Providing forecasts of the level and types of activities that impact the law enforcement communities.
* Preparing technical guidelines and procedures for internal use and for user organizations.
* Providing briefings to law enforcement and intelligence officials on techniques and procedures involved in research and analysis activities.
* Interacting directly with officials in the law enforcement communities and participating in joint efforts.
* Guiding and assisting teams of analysts, coordinating efforts, and reviewing work products.
For more information, see http://jobview.usajobs.gov/GetJob.aspx?JobID=99939154&JobTitle=INTELLIGENCE+RESEARCH+SPECIALIST&x=81&y=13&brd=3876&vw=b&FedEmp=N&FedPub=Y&tm=0&pg=2&re=4&AVSDM=2011-06-13+00%3a03%3a00.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.