June 22, 2011 at 5:00 pm #133654
Job Title: Intelligence Specialist
Department: Department Of The Air Force
Agency: Air Force District of Washington
Job Announcement Number: AFDW-493635-300351-9L-TB
SALARY RANGE: $105,211.00 – $136,771.00 /year
OPEN PERIOD: Wednesday, June 22, 2011 to Wednesday, June 29, 2011
SERIES & GRADE: IA-0132-04
POSITION INFORMATION: Full Time Career/Career Conditional
PROMOTION POTENTIAL: 04
DUTY LOCATIONS: 01 vacancies – Washington DC Metro Area, DC
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: United States Citizens
The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win…in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values — integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.
* U.S. Citizenship Required
* Travel and relocation expenses will not be paid
This is an Occupations Band 04 job in the Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). Band 04 duties for the Professional work category are at the Senior work level and are equivalent to those at the GS/GG 13 and 14. The selectee’s salary will be set within the band equivalent to a GS/GG grade based on the selectee’s qualifications in relation to the job”
Serves as the Headquarters Air Force (HAF) Primary Emergency Planning Coordinator (EPC) for the AF/A2’s Continuity of Operations (COOP) and Crisis Action Team (CAT) Coordinator.
· Plans, organizes, and oversees the development, interpretation and implementation of policies and procedures needed for the effective implementation of the AF/A2 CAT/COOP plans equipment, support and resources.
· Serves as the administrator of the AF/A2 CAT/COOP ERS and Initial Response Team (IRT) data base roster. Manages and maintains the list of CAT/COOP MEF’s and the Alert Notification and Reporting and IRT/ADVOMN Program.
· Manages the AF/A2 CAT/COOP ERS training and Exercise Program, ensuring ERS personnel is fully trained in response procedures. Readiness is maintained and the staff participates in Major National Joint and HAF-level CAT/COOP exercises.
· Maintains a close working relationship with Headquarters, Air Forces (HAF) directorate, the Intelligence Community (IC) other Service COOP counterparts and DoD offices to integrate CAT/COOP support actions.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: This position is a Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel Systems (DCIPS) position implemented under Section 504, Title V of Public Law 99-569, Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 1987, as codified in Sec 1601, Chap 83 of Title 10 United States Code which sets forth Air Force policies and procedures for DCIPS. This position is in the Excepted Service.
For more information, see http://jobview.usajobs.gov/GetJob.aspx?JobID=100366879&JobTitle=Intelligence+Specialist&x=96&y=4&brd=3876&vw=b&FedEmp=N&FedPub=Y&re=4&tm=0&pg=3&AVSDM=2011-06-22+00%3a03%3a00.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.