August 29, 2011 at 12:52 pm #139861
Department: Department Of Defense
Agency: Defense Information Systems Agency
Job Announcement Number: DHA-524301-11HU
$74,872.00 – $115,742.00 /year
Tuesday, August 23, 2011 to Monday, August 29, 2011
SERIES & GRADE:
Full Time Career/Career Conditional
1 vacancy – Fort Meade, MD
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED:
United States Citizens
If you want to do interesting and challenging work and to make a contribution to national defense, DISA is a great place for you.
DISA provides secure and reliable communications and computing support that enable the President and our military forces to communicate globally through voice, video, and data transmission. DISA is a leader within the Federal Government in implementing “people programs” and offers a broad range of quality-of-life and training programs. Go to http://www.disa.mil for more information.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Background investigation required.
Additional Duty Location Info:1 vacancy – Fort Meade, MD
Serves as a senior network analyst/specialist.
Serves as the Systems Engineering and Integration Working Group primary point of contact.
Leads major network projects.
Monitors network performance, including network security and information assurance compliancy.
Applies a comprehensive knowledge and skill in applying network design and architecture principles.
Qualifications and Evaluations
For the GS-12, one year of specialized experience as a GS-11 in the Federal service, or comparable in difficulty and responsibility to GS-11 if outside the Federal service, is required.
For the GS-13, one year of specialized experience as a GS-12 in the Federal service, or comparable in difficulty and responsibility to GS-12 if outside the Federal service, is required.
Applicants must demonstrate on their resume that they have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below.
- · Attention to Detail
- · Customer Service
- · Oral Communication
- · Problem Solving
Meet the education detailed in the qualification standards.
Is defined as experience which provided the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled. To be creditable, specialized experience must have been equivalent to at least the next lower grade level.
Specialized experience at the GS-12 grade level is defined as experience utilizing IT systems, services and tools in network and server operations and applying network design, architecture, protocols and remote access technology principles to a complete network platform.
Specialized experience at the GS-13 grade level is defined as experience utilizing IT systems, services and tools in network and server operations, management and maintenance methods; acting as a network administrator; and applying network design, architecture, protocols and remote access technology principles to a large organization’s complete network platform.
In addition to meeting the specialized experience requirements, qualified applicants must also possess the quality of experience as it relates to how closely or to what extent an applicant’s background, recency of experience, education, and training are relevant to the duties and responsibilities of the announced position. Candidates must clearly demonstrate the possession of knowledge, skills and abilities, or competencies necessary to successfully perform the work of the position at the appropriate level to be qualified for the position. Applicants must describe how their experience meets the competencies within the body of the resume. No separate statements addressing KSA’s or competencies are required.
Qualifications must be met within 30 days after the closing date of this announcement.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: There is no substitution of education for the specialized experience requirement at the GS-12 and GS-13 grade levels.
Background or Security Investigation:
The individual selected will be subject to an investigation in conjunction with granting of a security clearance prior to appointment. Selectee must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret-Level ADP II clearance. For more information about receiving and maintaining a security clearance, please click here.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.
Benefits and Other Info
These benefits generally apply if you are selected for a permanent or term appointment:
The Federal Employees Health Benefits (FEHB) Program has many plans to choose from, all at very reasonable rates, which can be paid from pre-tax income.
The Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS) is one of the premier retirement programs in the Nation. The program features three components: a retirement pension; the Thrift Savings Plan (TSP, an employee controlled investment program); and social security.
Federal Employee Group Life Insurance (FEGLI) offers numerous life insurance policy options covering federal employees and dependents.
For more benefits information please visit: http://www.disa.mil/careers/benefits.html
- You must be a U.S. Citizen to qualify for this position.
- TDY Travel: OCCASIONAL
- A one year probationary or trial period may be required.
- We may use this announcement to fill additional vacancies within 90 days of the closing date.
- Moving costs will not be paid–however–moving costs must be paid if a DISA employee is selected for the position.
- Recruitment, relocation, or retention incentives will not be authorized.
- For more information on veterans’ preference see http://www.usajobs.gov/veteranscenter
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see http://www.sss.gov ).
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://www.opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
- The Department of Defense (DoD) policy on employment of annuitants issued March 18, 2004 will be used in determining eligibility of annuitants. It is applicable to former Federal civilian employees receiving a retirement annuity from the Civil Service Retirement and Disability Fund that are hired within the DoD on or after November 24, 2003. The policy also applies to annuitants (appointed in DoD on/or after November 24, 2003) who move from one position to another within DoD through voluntary reassignment, promotion, change to lower grade or transfer between military departments. The policy is available on http://www.cpms.osd.mil/fas/staffing/pdf/rem_ann.pdf
- This position is subject to the limitations imposed by the DOD Priority Placement Program.
- For more information regarding qualifications requirements please click here.
- You may submit a cover letter which will be forwarded to the selecting official with your resume. Your cover letter will not be used to verify your qualifications or eligibility.
How To Apply
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your Resume
2. A complete Assessment Questionnaire
3. Other required supporting documents: (SEE BELOW FOR MORE INFORMATION ON REQUIRED SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS)
To begin the process, click the Apply Online button at the bottom of this screen to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the assessment questionnaire. Please ensure you click the Submit My Answers button at the end of the process.
Note: To check the status of your application or return to a previous or incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account, select My Applications, and click on the more information link under the application status for this position.
To fax supporting documents you are unable to upload, complete this cover page http://staffing.opm.gov/pdf/usascover.pdf using the following Vacancy ID 524301. Fax your documents to 1-478-757-3144.
If you cannot apply online:
1. Click the following link to view and print the assessment questionnaire View Occupational Questionnaire.
2. Print this 1203FX form to provide your response to the assessment questionnaire http://www.opm.gov./forms/pdf_fill/OPM1203fx.pdf.
3. PLEASE NOTE: In Section 25 of the Occupational Questionnaire, you may notice that the numbering restarts with number one. When entering your responses on the 1203-FX form please continue to enter your responses on the next available number within this section. The numbers on the 1203-FX will not match the Occupational Questionnaire once it restarts with number one. This issue has been identified and will be resolved as soon as possible.
4. Fax the completed 1203FX form along with any supporting documents to 1-478-757-3144. Your 1203FX will serve as a cover page for your fax transmission.
FOR THIS JOB ANNOUNCEMENT THE FOLLOWING SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS ARE REQUIRED AS THEY APPLY STATED BELOW AND MUST BE RECEIVED BY THE CLOSE OF THE ANNOUNCEMENT.
1. Transcripts – (If applicable) You must submit documentation to substantiate any claim of education. Please submit a copy of your transcripts or a list of courses, grades earned, completion dates, and quarter or semester hours earned at the time of application.
2. ICTAP Eligibles (if applicable) – A copy of the RIF separation notice and SF50 if available.
3. Military Spouse Preference (if applicable) Copy of spousal travel orders providing eligibility.
Your complete Application Package (containing the above required documents) must be received no later than 11:59 pm Eastern Time on Monday, August 29, 2011.
FAILURE TO SUBMIT A COMPLETED APPLICATION PACKAGE INCLUDING ANY REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION BY THE CLOSE OF THE ANNOUNCEMENT WILL RESULT IN AN INELIGIBLE RATING AND/OR A LOSS OF CONSIDERATION.
NOTE: It is the applicant’s responsibility to verify that information and documents entered, uploaded, or faxed are received, legible, and accurate.
AGENCY CONTACT INFO:
Email: [email protected]
Apply Online or by Fax Only
Indianapolis, IN 46249
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
Once the online questionnaire is received you will receive an acknowledgement email that your submission was successful. If your name is referred to the hiring official, you may be contacted directly by that office for a possible interview.
You will receive notice via email or by mail, if no email address was provided by you during the application process, once this process is completed (generally 4-6 weeks).
For any further questions please contact:
Email: [email protected]
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.