August 25, 2011 at 2:57 pm #139565
Job Title: Knowledge Management Specialist
Agency: U.S. Agency For International Development
Job Announcement Number: AN521274
SALARY RANGE: $105,211.00 – $136,771.00 /year
OPEN PERIOD: Thursday, August 25, 2011 to Tuesday, September 06, 2011
SERIES & GRADE: GS-0301-14
POSITION INFORMATION: Full Time Career/Career Conditional
DUTY LOCATIONS: 1 vacancy – Washington DC Metro Area, DC
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: US Citizens and Status Candidates
As a Knowledge Management (KM) Specialist, in the Office of the Chief Information Officer, you will be responsible for the overall quality, functional utility and currency of USAID’s of some of the key knowledge resources. You will assist CIO in formulating KM strategies, KM tactical plans, and defining KM support budget. You will be responsible to manage the execution of a robust CIO KM program to meet Agency central requirements as well as the requirements of more than ninety overseas Missions. You will also manage an aggressive KM training program, to assure Agency user are trained in the use of key KM tools (e.g. Blogs, Wiki’s, and Collaboration and Social networking tools).
USAID is an independent Federal Government agency that receives overall foreign policy guidance from the Secretary of State. With headquarters in Washington, D.C., USAID fosters transformational development around the world. Our work supports economic growth and trade; agriculture and the environment; education and training; democracy and governance; global health; global partnerships and humanitarian assistance. We operate in four regions of the world: Sub-Saharan Africa; Asia and the Near East; Latin America and the Caribbean; and Europe and Eurasia. USAID employees in the Civil Service and Foreign Service, as well as individuals employed through Personal Service Contracts, must adhere to our counter Trafficking in Persons Code of Conduct. For information on the effort to counter all forms of human trafficking, including the procurement of commercial sex acts and the use of forced labor, visit http://www.state.gov/g/tip. For more information about USAID, visit http://www.usaid.gov.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
* U.S. Citizenship or national
* Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
* May be required to serve a one-year probationary period.
* Suitability for Federal employment determined by background investigation.
* Travel and Relocation expenses will not be paid.
* Serves as a KM program expert for many different and unrelated development program processes and methods in Corporate Headquarters as well USAID Missions overseas.
* Manages various Knowledge Management (KM) practices including partnering, communities of practice, expertise locator systems, institutional memory, and capturing tacit knowledge.
* Executes Knowledge for Development initiatives USAID-wide and leads interagency efforts to expand USAID visibility in KM initiatives government-wide and with the international development community.
* Coordinates the work efforts of technical personnel in conducting conceptual systems analyses, evaluations, or investigations of existing programs.
* Manage a full training program of KM tools and methods.
* Coordinates KM programs, tools and Methods with key CIO divisions and Agency Policy Bureau.
For more information, see http://jobview.usajobs.gov/GetJob.aspx?JobID=101948188&JobTitle=Knowledge+Management+Specialist&x=59&y=12&brd=3876&vw=b&FedEmp=N&FedPub=Y&re=3&tm=0&pg=5&AVSDM=2011-08-25+00%3a03%3a00.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.