October 17, 2011 at 8:21 pm #143872
From the posting:
Conduct comprehensive research and develop balanced policy analysis regarding proposed department initiatives and issues confronting elections and the political process in Colorado.Specifically:
- Research and analyze policy and legislative initiatives considering relevant state and federal law, and laws, policies, and practices in other jurisdictions.
- Compile, analyze, and report on information from government, research and scholarly publications and databases.
- Develop comprehensive white papers, presentations, analysis, and other documentation to outline complex problems and proposed solutions.
Conduct comprehensive data collection and review to guide policy analysis and support policy and legislative recommendations.
- Compile and analyze relevant statistical data
- Conduct surveys, compile and analyze results
- Develop useful, visually appealing charts, data maps, and other documentation necessary to explain the data presentated.
Assist with the legislative and rulemaking process for the division.
- Outline draft legislation and rules as needed to implement proposed policy recommendations based upon policy and data analysis
- Assist legislative liaison with preparing and presenting testimony and supporting documentation
Collaborate in the development and review of division policy documents and training materials.Specifically:
- Analyze and interpret state and federal election law to assist in the resolution of legal issues and collaborate in the development of general policies and guidance of the division.
- Review policy and training documents and propose appropriate changes to ensure legal accuracy, uniformity, and completeness.
- Assist with the drafting of legal documents including correspondence to election officials and the general public addressing complex legal issues.
More information at http://bit.ly/legandlegalanalysis
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.