September 2, 2011 at 12:56 pm #140485
Department: Department Of The Army
Agency: Army Installation Management Command
Job Announcement Number: NCFP11185192-527787D
$64,729.00 – $84,146.00 /year
Tuesday, August 30, 2011 to Monday, September 05, 2011
SERIES & GRADE:
Full Time Career/Career Conditional
01 vacancies – Brooklyn, NY
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED:
United States Citizens
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
This position is located at Fort Hamilton in Southern New York City, Bay Ridge Brooklyn, at the base of the world famous Verrazano Narrows Bridge, which is a viable cultural area. It is 20 minutes to mid-town Manhattan. Since spring 1988, the Fort Hamilton Military Community has been home to the North Atlantic Division, US Army Corps of Engineers. Commuter buses and trains are readily accessible from this location. This position provides the employee with full benefits, vacation and sick leave.
Who May Apply:
US Citizens and Nationals
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance.
- Temporary Duty (TDY) travel is 15 percent.
- Permanent Change of Station (PCS) allowances may be authorized.
Additional Duty Location Info:01 vacancies – Brooklyn, NY
You will serve as the Garrison Administrative Services Division Chief. Administers the program, which includes Records Management, Mail and Distribution, Army Correspondence, Freedom of Information and Privacy Act, Office Symbols, Printing and Publishing, and other management information services. You will develop implementing policies and procedures to ensure an effective and efficient installation command garrison management information program. You will provide direction, control, supervision, and policy guidance related to assigned elements of the IM records management and publications and printing disciplines involving records management. Implements standards and criteria for uniformity and operational continuity of systems and the documentation requirements for on-going systems. Responsible for the delivery, monitoring, testing, and evaluation of administrative systems for use within the garrison. Initiates and conducts studies to improve records management.
Qualifications and Evaluations
Click on link below to view qualification standard.
• Specialized experience: To Qualify applicants must possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade/level (GS-09). Specialized experience is defined as: Experience in current developments and technologies which may serve to improve management and administrative processes in assigned information management program elements. Developing supplemental instructional and records management and publications/printing informational materials related to assigned programs for use by management personnel. Knowledge of conducting training sessions, briefings, conferences and workshops for records management and publications/printing personnel relating to various aspects of these information management program elements.
PH.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.M., if related; or equivalent combinations of experience and education.
Click here for more information.
Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
One year trial/probationary period may be required.
Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be reviewed to verify that you meet the basic eligibility and qualification requirements. Your responses to the questionnaire will be used to evaluate your relevant personal, educational, and work experiences. Only the most recently submitted resume will be considered.
Basis for Rating: Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of three quality categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified and Qualified. Veteran preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-preference eligibles within each quality category.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). The Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) provides eligible displaced Federal competitive service employees with selection priority over other candidates for competitive service vacancies. If your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority if: 1) this vacancy is within your ICTAP eligibility, 2) you apply under the instructions in this announcement, and 3) you are found well-qualified for this vacancy. Well-qualified is defined as meeting all of the minimum qualification standards and eligibility requirements as well as possessing skills that clearly exceed the minimum qualification requirements for the position. Under competitive delegated examining, an ICTAP eligible will be considered well-qualified if they attain an eligibility rating of 90 or higher, not including points for veterans’ preference. You must provide proof of eligibility with your application to receive selection priority. Such proof may include a copy of your written notification of ICTAP eligibility or a copy of your separation personnel action form. Information about ICTAP eligibility is on OPM’s Career Transition Resources website at http://www.opm.gov/ctap/index.asp.
Benefits and Other Info
The Department of Defense offers excellent benefits programs some of which may include:
- Comprehensive health and life insurance
- Competitive salaries
- Generous retirement programs
- Paid holidays, sick leave, and vacation time
- Flexible work environment and alternate work schedules
- Paid employment related training and education
- Possible student loan repayment
- Payment of licenses, certification, and academic degrees as applicable
- Bonuses, incentives, and awards as appropriate for the job.
OTHER INFORMATION:Click here for more information.
Special Note to NSPS Applicants: If you apply for and accept a GS position, your GS pay will be set differently than if you transition out of NSPS with your organization. If you apply for and accept a position and your pay cannot be set within the GS grade range, you may not be eligible for pay retention. Be sure to refer to the NSPS web site (http://cpol.army.mil/library/general/nsps/docs-repeal/NSPS_Empl_Transition_Bulletin_031510.pdf) for more details on how this might affect your specific situation.”
• Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
• The Department of Defense (DoD) policy on employment of annuitants will be used in determining eligibility of annuitants. The DoD policy is available at http://www.cpms.osd.mil/ASSETS/E8AB932EA1E44617BAC7222922E42A62/DoDl140025-V300.pdf.
• In accordance with section 9902(h) of title 5, United States Code, annuitants reemployed in the Department of Defense shall receive full annuity and salary upon appointment. They shall not be eligible for retirement contributions, participation in the Thrift Savings Plan, or a supplemental or redetermined annuity for the reemployment period. Discontinued service retirement annuitants (i.e. retired under section 8336(d)(1) or 8416(b)(1)(A) of title 5, United States Code) appointed to the Department of Defense may elect to be subject to retirement provisions of the new appointment as appropriate. (See DoD instructions 1400.25, Volume 300, at http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives.)
How To Apply
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your resume: If you submit a resume with inappropriate material e.g. photos, you will not be considered for this vacancy. Your resume may be submitted in any format. For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). Resumes that do not contain this information will be marked as insufficient and applicants may not receive consideration for this position.
2. Your responses to the questionnaire
3. Additional required documents (see Required Documents section below)
The complete Application Package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on Monday, September 05, 2011.
To begin the process, click the Apply Online button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the questionnaire. Please ensure you click the Submit My Answers button at the end of the process.
If you cannot apply online:
1. Click the following link to view and print the questionnaire View Occupational Questionnaire,
2. Print the 1203FX form to provide your response to the questionnaire http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/OPM1203fx.pdf, and
3. Fax the completed 1203FX form along with any supporting documents to 1-478-757-3144. Your 1203FX will serve as a cover page for your fax transmission.
The Department of the Army provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the servicing civilian personnel unit. Requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
The following documents are required:
- Resume: If you submit a resume with inappropriate material e.g. photos, you will not be considered for this vacancy. Your resume may be submitted in any format. For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). Resumes that do not contain this information will be marked as insufficient and applicants may not receive consideration for this position.
- If the position has an education requirement or you are qualifying based on a combination of education and experience or solely on education, you must submit your college transcripts with your application
- If you are claiming Veterans Preference or Military Spouse preference (MSP), to verify your preference claim you MUST submit supporting documents with your application package. These documents may include, but are not limited to: for MSP claims, PCS orders and marriage certificate; for verification of Veteran Preference, DD214 (which indicates character of service) SF-15, VA Letter and/or Activation/Deactivation orders.
If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and will not be considered any further.
PLEASE NOTE: Documents submitted as part of the application package, to include supplemental documents, may be shared beyond the Human Resources Office. Some supplemental documents like military orders and marriage certificates may contain personal information for other than the applicant. These documents may be sanitized to remove such personal information before submission with the application. Applicants may be asked to provide an un-sanitized version of the documents upon selection to confirm eligibility.
AGENCY CONTACT INFO:
Central Resume Processing Center
Email: [email protected]
Fort Hamilton New York
Brooklyn, NY 11252
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The numeric rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the knowledge, skills, and abilities required of this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.
To check the status of your application or return to a previous or incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account, select My Applications, and click on the more information link under the application status for this position.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.