May 23, 2011 at 2:55 pm #130981
This position serves as a liaison with the media, along with the Sr. Media Relations Manager, is a key member of the media relations team, working with internal clients throughout the Bank. Primary functions include writing and editing internal and external communications, including media advisories and news releases; coordinating projects and handling special assignments from management; developing creative ideas for garnering interest in Fed resources; plans programs; develops materials; plans and conducts media awareness training; collaborates with colleagues to ensure relevant and integrated messaging across media channels; participates on the Bank’s crisis communications team; participates on or leads a project team to develop congressional outreach program. This position serves as the backup to the Sr. Media Relations Manager.
- Demonstrates excellent written and spoken communications skills and uses them effectively to carry out media relations assignments
- Demonstrates understanding and ability to work with reporters, top management and subject matter experts to achieve desired outcome and develop media outreach
- Builds and maintains working relationships with media throughout nine western states as well as with key national Fed reporters.
- Maintains media database for department use
- Writes department and Bank communications as needed for various internal and external audiences
- Reviews weekly Economic Letters for newsworthiness, and recommends promoting selected Letters
- Promotes selected economic topics to targeted media, coordinates interviews for media with economists
- Works closely with Sr. MR Manager to ensure timely distribution of Presidential speeches to targeted Fed reporters on embargoed basis.
- Participates in developing agenda and determining content for media briefings and seminars, and coordinates events with the media and/or outside partners, such as colleges/universities, regulatory agencies, etc.
- Participates in planning the implementation of national media/PR initiatives and campaigns
- Participates in developing media strategy
- Demonstrates knowledge and experience of social media channels in a corporate environment; learns and applies the Bank's posting and filter process successfully
- Collaborates with team and colleagues to ensure relevant and integrated messaging
- Updates and maintains media relations business continuity/crisis management plan
- Identifies emerging issues, alerts management and participates in preparing contingency materials that may be needed to address a potential or actual issue or crisis
- Serves as backup to media relations manager
May supervise assignments of other staff
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; English, Journalism, or Communications preferred
- Level 1: Two to four years related experience, including general PR/communications experience, working with reporters.
- Level 2: Four to six years related experience, including media relations experience and good proven writing background.
- Level 3: Six or more years related experience, including significant media relations and crisis planning/communications experience
- Proficiency in MS suite of PC applications
- Organizational awareness skills to learn the culture of the Federal Reserve, particularly related to creating a relevant and integrated message, and applying knowledge of the culture to effectively position the message for traditional or social media distribution
- Proven strong leadership skills and excellent judgment
- Strong orientation to collaboration and teamwork with excellent customer service skills
To learn more about this opening, visit http://careers.govtjobs.com/c/job.cfm?vnet=0&site_id=9366&t731=202981&jb=7996076
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.