February 10, 2011 at 6:08 pm #122795
Senior Development Manager
Social Accountability International
New York, NY
Skill Level: Mid Level
Position Type: Full Time
Social Accountability International (SAI) is a multi-stakeholder organization that advances Human Rights at Work to benefit both employees and employers. We facilitate the development of sustainability standards; partner with business and civil society to enable organizations to successfully implement such standards; and work with SAI Corporate Program members and SA8000-certified facilities to provide training & tools for improving work conditions and realizing the benefits.
Facilities in 65 countries are certified to SA8000, which is based on international labor and human rights conventions and labor law plus a proven management system. More than 1.3 million people work at SA8000 certified facilities. SAI works collaboratively with a wide variety of organizations. SAI affiliate SAAS accredits qualified auditing bodies to certify compliance with SA8000.
The Development Senior Manager has responsibility for all development activities, including fundraising, donor relations, reporting, and general marketing of SAI programs to donors. Reporting to the Executive Director, s/he will work collaboratively with staff, donors, and the SAI board to raise funds for SAI's programmatic and general support needs.
- Assumes primary responsibility for raising funds, reporting to donors, plus oversight and management of all research, events, and other aspects of fundraising.
- Acts as liaison to management, boards and decision-makers in all aspects of development, including strategy, planning, and infrastructure systems. Serves as the fundraising liaison to the SAI Board of Directors and Advisory Board, convening and activating their joint development committee.
- Develops and manages the institutional and individual donor prospect portfolios, which may include government, foundations, corporations, and individuals. The majority of SAI donors are government agencies.
- Oversees donor focused marketing and communications efforts for the organization - e.g. newsletter items, web content, appeal letters, press releases.
- Works collaboratively with senior staff, donors, community leaders, and government officials.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Executive Director and President.
- Master's degree preferred; bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of progressive experience in development, including a proven track record of success in international institutional fundraising (prospect identification, grant writing, and networking with US and international foundations and donor agencies.
- Proven ability to motivate staff and partners. Applicant must be prepared to be a hands-on, innovative, and self-starting member of SAI's staff.
- Experience in an international NGO/non-profit setting is preferred.
- Committed to SAI's organizational mission.
- Knowledge of technology/IT and its use in donor management and information systems.
- Excellent speaking and writing skills, especially sophisticated proposal writing - multiple language abilities a plus.
- Ability to manage a variety of responsibilities with energy, flexibility, and attention to detail - and working with deadlines.
- International experience is an asset.
This position is in NYC and may include occasional travel abroad.
To apply, please submit a letter of interest, resume, salary history, and - if feasible at this stage - contact information for 2 professional references. See complete job description here.
SAI is an equal opportunity employer.
When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.