January 12, 2011 at 8:34 pm #120329
New career opportunity with the City & County of San Francisco: IS Business Analyst – Principal
DUTIES: Under the direction of the JUSTIS Project Manager in Applications Services Division, the JUSTIS Business Analyst Principal provides technology solutions and development and integration activities for a group of city departments; and is part of a unit comprised of IT systems professionals. In addition, the Business Analyst Principal will provide IT consulting and development services for the criminal justice clients seeking technology solutions to meet business needs, which include understanding client requirements, analyzing how to best satisfy these requirements, designing, developing and implementing agreed-upon solutions, and maintaining the data and operational integrity of the systems. The Business Analyst Principal may also be assigned to support all projects related to the JUSTIS program including the implementation of case management systems in various criminal justice departments, the development of the JUSTIS HUB (data integration and middleware) project, and server consolidation of the five case management applications and associated data servers.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
• Identify opportunities for improving business processes through automation; assist in the preparation of proposals to develop new systems.
• Analyze data processing needs; research and evaluate software on multiple platforms to assist users to meet their departmental goals; assist in developing the evaluation criteria for software.
• Determine operating characteristics and requirements; develop or modify and document general system design; write detailed design specifications; conduct “walkthroughs” for proposed solutions to system problems.
• Develop solutions based on department requirements using software development tools such as but not limited to: J-Developer, TOAD, PL/SQL, Oracle FUSION Suite, Oracle BI Suite, JAVA.
• Analyze the feasibility of and develop requirements for new systems and enhancements to existing systems; ensure the system design fits the needs of the users.
• May install and enhance software; program, test, debug and install new/modified programs.
• Provide technical support for computer and telecommunications systems; consult on the analysis of an application; troubleshoot system problems; implement solutions.
• Conduct system analysis and may conduct programming activities for complex systems; document new and modified systems and programs; coordinate user training in new capabilities; may convert new programming from test to production.
• Interface with users to determine system needs and requirements; instruct users on newly implemented systems; define system requirements; may design and code programs; review impact of system modifications on existing systems.
• Prepare, or assist client in preparing, service requests to implement system changes; determine level of effort required and the cost of implementing service requests; prioritize requests.
• May provide technical production support for on-line and batch systems; assist with set processing schedule; update and produce reports.
• Coordinate with outside vendors and contractors to complete projects and service requests; define, assign and evaluate their work.
• May determine structure of databases; normalize data; perform conversion of data between platforms; design, develop and generate routine and ad hoc reports in response to user needs.
• Perform related duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and skills is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and skills is:
EDUCATION: A Bachelor’s degree from a recognized college or university
EXPERIENCE: Five years of recent verifiable experience in applications development of which at least two years must be at the project lead level. Recent experience must include development and support of high-level complexity large systems.
SUBSTITUTION: Up to four years of additional applications development experience in an information systems environment may be substituted for the required education as follows: One year (2,000 hours) of such experience is equivalent to 30 semester/45 quarter units.
ADDITIONAL DESIRED SKILLS:
• Experience with XML and related components (XSLT, DTD, etc)
• Experience in Systems Analysis, Design and Development using Oracle 9i & 10g
• Experience in development of Procedures, Functions, Packages and Database Triggers
• Experience in creation of database objects like tables, views, materialized view procedures, packages using Oracle tools such as PL/SQL, SQL* Plus, SQL Loader
• Experience with Oracle SOA Suite like BPEL, ESB, BAM.
• Experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2000 (& SQL Server 2005 is desired)
• Understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle, including Build & Release Management.
• Experience with mid-range and PC server-based systems
• Ability to direct project team activities with a proven track record implementing significant automated systems.
• Ability to provide an analytical, methodical and resourceful approach to problem-solving, identifying and commenting root causes and corrective actions to meet short-term and long-term business and system requirements.
• Ability to analyze organizational, administrative and procedural problems, conceptualize and recommend application of technology to resolve these problems, and explain the issues to non-technical client personnel.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Client service orientation.
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Access, Word, Excel, and Project).
How to Apply:
Applications for this City and County of San Francisco position will be accepted through an on-line process only. Mailed, hand delivered or faxed applications will not be accepted. Visit http://www.jobaps.com/sf to begin the application process.
• Click and select 1054 Business Analyst (PEX-1054-057254)
• Click on “Apply” and read and acknowledge the information
• Click on “I am a New User” if you have not previously registered, or on “I have REGISTERED PREVIOUSLY”
• Follow instructions given on the screen.
Upon successful submittal of the application online, you will receive a notification on the screen, as well as an e-mail, acknowledging the receipt of your application materials. Computer kiosks are located in the lobby of the Department of Human Resources, 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor, San Francisco. CA 94103. The hours of operation are from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Applications will be screened for relevant qualifying experience. Additional screening mechanisms may be implemented in order to determine candidates’ qualifications. Only those applicants who most closely meet the needs of the Agency will be invited to participate in the selection process. Applicants meeting the minimum qualifications are not guaranteed advancement to the interview.
Verification of Experience/Education: Verification of experience/education may be required at a later date. If verification is required, failure to provide it may result in disqualification from the selection process. Applicants who possess a degree that is from a foreign and/or non-accredited college or university may be required to provide an equivalency certification of the degree.
The application procedure is in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need assistance to participate in this recruitment, contact Marsha Young (415) 581-3913, or in writing at [email protected] . Notification in advance will enable the department and County to evaluate arrangements to reasonably accommodate your need.
THE CITY AND COUNTY OF SAN FRANCISCO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
MINORITIES, WOMEN AND PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.