January 12, 2011 at 8:40 pm #120333
New career opportunities with the City & County of San Francisco: http://http://www.jobaps.com/sf/sup/BulPreview.asp?R1=PEX&R2=1043&R3=057253
DUTIES: Under direct supervision of the JUSTIS IT Project Manager will provide computing services support and consulting services for DT internal and external clients. The successful candidate will:
• Plan, implement and manage enterprise and departmental servers, applications, and technologies. Work closely with department project managers, application development groups, end-users, client departments, network engineers and other system engineers.
• Design and support Active Directory schema and systems. Assist in the development and implementation of system security, policies, and protocols.
• Provide senior level Active Directory technical expertise across multiple domains with / without trust relationships and senior level VMWARE technical expertise for primary support for 8+ city-wide and departmental Windows based systems.
• Provide strong customer service and facilitate collaboration between project teams and clients.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
• Serve as one of the Computing Services team’s senior technical authorities and resources on Windows based systems and technologies (server and desktop). Provide technical leadership to the team and clients. Assume technical responsibility for the completion of major projects.
• Make day-to-day technical decisions that affect end-users and system efficacy and efficiency.
• Analyze, plan, implement, monitor, patch, upgrade and troubleshoot complex system configurations incorporating Windows technologies such as Active Directory based clustering, Citrix, and VMWare ESX, as examples.
• Develop and interpret policies, procedures and standards. Develop alternative solutions to problems within established guidelines and standards.
• Work closely with our Network Services engineers to ensure server and application connectivity requirements are fulfilled in a timely manner.
• Plan, schedule and coordinate installation, maintenance and enhancement of server systems with other city departments, vendors and contractors.
• Assess client computing environments and plan, design, and/or project manage the implementation of new systems.
• Attend planning meetings, working closely with application development teams.
• Plan, develop, implement and monitor back-up and disaster recovery procedures for departmental and inter-departmental systems.
• Assist in the development of hardware and software standards.
• Assist in the development of the department’s and project’s systems budget.
• Assist in the development and implementation of security policies and protocols.
• Document system requirements, implementation notes, design and other technical operational components.
• Provide system and requirement assessments.
• Provide budget requirement assessments for project and customer systems.
• Coordinate service and support for outside departments and system vendors.
• Provide guidance to our Office Systems providing desktop support.
• Recommend and manage server and system maintenance strategy.
• Plan, organize and project manage LAN-related technology projects.
• Test and evaluate new systems related technologies, such as provisioning and consolidation applications and/or utilities.
• Provision storage from a storage area network (SAN) or other consolidated storage platform.
• Perform other duties as required.
NATURE OF WORK: Candidate must be willing to work a 40-hour week as determined by the department. Twenty-four hour on-call support and occasional weekend work is required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Four or more years of recently verifiable work experience managing enterprise Windows based servers and technologies in a complex heterogeneous systems environment. To include verifiable experience in technical design, development, integration, implementation, and support of Windows based networked systems providing services for a medium to large enterprise. Experience must include senior-level (3 years) Windows 2003+ experience. Current Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer – Security on Windows Server 2003 and current Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist: Microsoft Server 2003 Hosted Environments, Configuration and Management.
EDUCATION: A Bachelor’s degree from a recognized college or university in Computer Science, Information Systems or a closely related field.
ADDITIONAL DESIRED EXPERIENCE:
• Recent and verifiable experience in network and application troubleshooting.
• Experience in exercising independent decisions and judgments in a mission critical systems environment.
• Recent and verifiable experience in the implementation and support of Windows 2003 and/or Windows 2008 and Active Directory server based technologies.
• Experience in the implementation and support of Active Directory, Microsoft IIS 6.0 and Microsoft SQL Server products.
• Strong oral and written communication skills; adept at communicating with all levels of technical and non-technical staff.
• Experience managing system support for a range of independent operations or departments.
• Fluent with project management and/ or System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) standards.
SUBSTITUTION: Up to two years of additional verifiable experience in an information systems environment may be substituted for the required education as follows: One year (2,000 hours) of such experience is equivalent to 30 semester/45 quarter units. Two years (60 semester/90 quarter units) of college course work is an absolute requirement for which no substitution is allowed.
• Ability to lift and properly transport computer and peripheral equipment.
• Possession of a valid California Driver's License.
• CLETS security clearance.
ADDITIONAL DESIRED SKILLS:
• Experience with SUN Solaris, HP-UX, Windows 2003 and/ or SUSE Linux in a multiple domain environment.
• Good Windows scripting skills.
• Experience with current Novell technologies such as e-Directory or LDAP based directories.
Applications for City and County of San Francisco jobs are being accepted through an online process. Visit http://www.jobaps.com/sf to begin the application process by registering an account.
• Click and select the desired job announcement (PEX 1043-057253)
• Click on “Apply” and read and acknowledge the information
• Click on “I am a New User”
• Follow instructions given on the screen
Computer kiosks are located in the lobby of the Department of Human Resources, 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94103 for use by the public. The hours of operation are from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Faxed or mailed copies will not be accepted.
Selection Process: All applicants who meet the minimum qualifications may not be interviewed. Applications will be screened for relevant experience. Additional screening mechanisms may be implemented in order to determine candidates’ qualifications. Only the most qualified candidates will be invited to an interview. Meeting the minimum qualifications does not guarantee entrance into the selection process. Admittance to previous examination administration is not a guarantee of admittance to the current process.
Verification of Experience/Education: Verification of experience/education may be required at a later date. If verification is required, failure to provide it may result in disqualification from the selection process. Applicants who possess a degree that is from a foreign and/or non-accredited college or university may be required to provide an equivalency certification of the degree.
The application procedure is in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need assistance to participate in this recruitment, contact Marsha Young (415) 581-3913, or in writing at [email protected] . Notification in advance will enable the department and County to evaluate arrangements to reasonably accommodate your need.
THE CITY AND COUNTY OF SAN FRANCISCO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
MINORITIES, WOMEN AND PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.