July 21, 2011 at 3:18 pm #136233
Job Title: PARALEGAL SPECIALIST
Department: Department Of Homeland Security
Agency: Customs and Border Protection
Job Announcement Number: MHCDE(ACWA)-507195-KW
SALARY RANGE: $27,431.00 – $44,176.00 /year
OPEN PERIOD: Thursday, July 21, 2011 to Wednesday, July 27, 2011
SERIES & GRADE: GS-0950-05/07
POSITION INFORMATION: Full Time Career/Career Conditional
PROMOTION POTENTIAL: 11
DUTY LOCATIONS: Multiple duty locations – Few vacancies – New Orleans, LA; Few vacancies – Anchorage, AK; Few vacancies – San Francisco, CA; Few vacancies – Miami, FL; Few vacancies – Los Angeles, CA; Few vacancies – Memphis, TN; Many vacancies – Queens, NY; Few vacancies – Detroit, MI; Few vacancies – Middleburg Heights, OH; Few vacancies – Dallas, TX; Few vacancies – Laredo, TX; Few vacancies – Newark, NJ
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: Please see the who may apply section of this vacancy announcement.
CBP: Securing America’s Borders
Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
Discover a challenging and rewarding career in CBP, the sole organization responsible for securing the nation’s borders. At U.S. Customs and Border Protection, we:
* Screen passengers, vehicles, and shipments entering our country
* Seize illegal narcotics, vehicles, and agricultural products
* Prevent unauthorized entry into the country
* Rescue individuals who fall into dangerous conditions traversing our border
For more information about CBP’s mission, activities, and careers, please visit our website at: http://www.cbp.gov/.
Who May Apply: Open to all U.S. Citizens.
If you are a status candidate, you may also apply through VIN 504607.
If you are not a status candidate, you may also apply through VIN 505299.
Organizational Location: Positions filled under this annoucement are in the U.S. Customs and Border Protection, Office of Field Operations. Positions are available throughout the United States. To view a list of the available duty locations, please refer to the Duty Locations section of this announcement. You will be asked to identify your duty location preference in the on-line application process. In some cases, the duty stations may not have a vacancy during the life of this announcement.
Relocation expenses will not be paid.
Geographic Location: You may select only ONE location where you would be willing to work.
Salary: Salary listed reflect the general base scale and will be adjusted to meet the locality pay of the duty location or cost of living allowance upon selection.
Note: One or more selections may be made using this vacancy announcement.
* You must be a U.S. Citizen
* You may be required to successfully complete a background investigation
* You may be required to pass initial and random drug testing
Your job will include:
* Performing legal support work arising from seizures, penalties, and liquidated damages assessed under applicable laws and regulations
* Reviewing and finalizing claims for liquidated damages and penalty cases
* Preparing synopses of cases including alternatives and recommended solutions
* Holding conferences with the importing public to provide status of cases or required procedures
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.