June 17, 2011 at 2:37 pm #133269
Under the direction and control of the City Manager, manages, supervises and is responsible for the daily operations of the Cordova Police Department, including law enforcement, jail facility, animal control, and DMV.
- 1. Minimum 5 years in law enforcement, with three years in supervisory role required, preferably at the rank of sergeant or above.
- 2. Graduate of an accredited Police Academy.
- 3. Possess an Advanced Certificate from the Alaska Police Standards Council, or ability to obtain one within 14 months. (Out of state certified officers must attend a recertification academy in Alaska)
- 4. High School diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 5. Completion of advanced management education and supervisory training preferred.
- 6. Strong verbal, written, analytical, and interpersonal skills required.
- 7. Ability to research and solicit grant funds for Public Safety programs.
- 8. Ability to compose correspondence and deliver public presentations; provide testimony, and interface with the public on a regular basis.
- 9. Ability to complete all required training.
- 10. Working knowledge of State statutes and Municipal ordinances.
- 11. Ability to organize, prioritize workflow, and plan effectively and efficiently.
- 12. Ability to work with the public, local and governmental officials and agencies with discretion, tact and courtesy.
- 13. Ability to work with minimal supervision, handling multiple tasks; establishing priorities and schedules and meeting deadlines.
- 14. Must be willing, able and available for night and/or weekend work as necessary.
- 15. Must be able to engage in extensive physical exertion such as running, climbing and jumping over or under obstacles in pursuit of criminal suspects requiring the ability to use both arms and both legs effectively. May also be required to lift, drag or use other means to move injured persons or persons in dangerous situations. May be exposed to extreme weather conditions and may be required to assist citizens stranded due to weather related emergencies. May be exposed to verbal and physical abuse by suspects or other people encountered in antagonistic situations. Periodic examinations of physical agility may be required.
To learn more about this opening, visit http://careers.govtjobs.com/c/job.cfm?vnet=0&site_id=9366&t731=202982&jb=8158678
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.