May 23, 2011 at 3:58 pm #131001
Job Title: Program Analyst (Policy Development Analyst)
Department: Department Of Homeland Security
Agency: National Protection and Programs Directorate
Job Announcement Number: FS468746-NH11
SALARY RANGE: $123,758.00 – $155,500.00 /year
OPEN PERIOD: Monday, May 23, 2011 to Friday, May 27, 2011
SERIES & GRADE: GS-0343-15
POSITION INFORMATION: Full Time Career/Career Conditional
PROMOTION POTENTIAL: 15
DUTY LOCATIONS: Few vacancies – Arlington, VA
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: US Citizens and Status Candidates
Are you interested in a job where your primary purpose will be to develop Federal Network Enterprise Cybersecurity policies through interest-based discussions with various stakeholders? Then consider joining the Federal Network Security (FNS), Cyber Security Division (CSC), National Protection and Programs Directorate (NPPD), Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
Come work with the best to prevent and deter terrorist attacks, protect against and respond to potential threats, ensure safe and secure borders, welcome immigrants and visitors, and promote the free-flow of commerce. This mission of the U. S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is carried out every day by the dedicated men and women who answer the noble calling of public service with courage and enthusiasm. With a diverse and critical mission, we lead the unified national effort to secure America. In today’s interconnected world, our country’s security challenges are constantly evolving. To meet these challenges, DHS fosters a culture that values and promotes diversity, teamwork, flexibility, and innovation.
In Headquarters, we coordinate, plan, and guide the Department’s work across all DHS components. You could enjoy a career that includes research, administration and management, legal work, budget and finance, cyber security, infrastructure protection and intelligence analysis. Our services touch every U.S. citizen, and our goal is to secure our country across land and sea. Come join the team who is “Proud to Protect”.
APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED FROM: All U.S. Citizens and Status Candidates.
More than one selection may be made from this announcement should the need arise.
* U. S. Citizenship is required.
* Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret/SCI security clearance.
* Relocation Expenses WILL NOT be paid.
* Overnight travel of 1-5 nights per month may be required.
* Financial Disclosure Form required for this position.
* Appointment subject to availability of funds.
- Formulate and recommend plans and strategies to improve program policies, practices, methods, and organizational structure.
- Serve as lead expert consultant in developing strategies for planning and developing other major agency program of national scope and impact.
- Develop policies and procedures to ensure information systems reliability and accessibility as required to defend against unauthorized access to systems, networks, and data.
- Lead and formulate strategic implementation efforts and other cross-cutting Cybersecurity planning or policy changing efforts to ensure the integration and synchronization of policy and planning activities regarding federal network security (a program of national scope and impact).
- Develop written materials to persuade management to accept recommendations where the proposals involve substantial agency resources and extensive changes in established procedures.
For more information, see http://jobview.usajobs.gov/GetJob.aspx?JobID=99128064&JobTitle=Program+Analyst+%28Policy+Development+Analyst%29&x=57&y=15&brd=3876&vw=b&FedEmp=N&FedPub=Y&tm=0&AVSDM=2011-05-23+00%3a03%3a00.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.