August 9, 2011 at 8:29 pm #137914
Job Title: Program Analysis Officer
Department: Department Of Housing And Urban Development
Agency: Housing and Urban Development, Office of Strategic Planning and Management
Job Announcement Number: H11-DE-514322-DW
SALARY RANGE: $123,758.00 – $155,500.00 /year
OPEN PERIOD: Monday, August 08, 2011 to Friday, August 12, 2011
SERIES & GRADE: GS-0343-15
POSITION INFORMATION: Full Time Career/Career Conditional
PROMOTION POTENTIAL: 15
DUTY LOCATIONS: 1 vacancy – Washington DC Metro Area, DC
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: United States Citizens
Opening Doors to a career with the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). HUD is seeking highly qualified individuals who are willing to meet the challenges of public service and support the agency’s mission.
HUD is seeking highly qualified individuals who are willing to meet the challenges of public service and supports the agency’s mission. Pay is only part of the compensation you will earn working at HUD. We offer a broad array of benefits and program activities to develop your career, such as: professional development opportunities; work assignments that may consist of projects related to different housing programs; advanced technology; networking opportunities, recognize and reward creativity and performance; teamwork; and innovate work interests; and create opportunities to use and build skills.
Our mission focuses on expanding homeownership, increasing access to affordable housing, strengthening communities through economic development, fighting housing discrimination, and tackling homelessness issues. To learn more about HUD’s mission and programs, click here.
Benefits include the following: health, dental, vision, and life insurance plans; paid leave and holidays; flexible work schedules; transit subsidies; retirement investment options (401K-type plan); Flexible Spending Accounts; long-term care insurance; and childcare subsidies. Exceptional difficulty in recruiting a highly or uniquely qualified candidate may or may not result in a repayment of a Student Loan benefit being offered.
Headquarters offices are conveniently located at the L’Enfant Plaza Metro stop, and within walking distance to great restaurants, museums, and the National Mall. We also have a fitness center, childcare center, credit union, eateries, and other work-life conveniences.
This position is located in the Office of Strategic Planniing and Mangement which is responsible for driving organizational, programmatic and operational change throughout the department in order to maximize agency performance.
* Exempt from the Fair Labor Standards Act, as amended.
* You must be able to successfully pass/maintain a security investigation.
* This announcement may be used to fill one or more vacancies.
* Hard copy or email applications will not be accepted.
* Evaluated and rated under Category Rating and Selection Procedures.
As a Program Analysis Officer the incumbent will:
* Evaluate programs and all related issues;
* Have delegated responsibility and authority to plan, schedule, and carry out comprehensive management analysis programs concerned with the analysis and evaluation of
* Use discretion and judgment in determining whether to broaden or narrow the scope of projects or studies;
* Analyse, evaluate and make recommendations which are expected to influence broad agency policy objectives and program goals;
* Use judgment and discretion in determining intent, and interpreting and revising existing policy and regulatory guidance for used by others within or outside the employing organization;
* Be recognized as an authoritative advisor in the development and interpretation of guidance on program planning and evaluation of administrative and management functions;
* Work on many varied duties requiring many different and unrelated processes and methods designed to analyze interrelated issues of effectiveness, efficiency, and productivity of
substantive mission-oriented programs within HUD;
* Perform highly complex assignments and long-range projects, independently developing detailed plans, goals and objectives;
* Analyze and evaluate major aspects of business processes and technology needs within HUD;
* Develop and implement a strategy for engaging HUD extensive network of partners around program planning, program implementation and policy decision-making;
* Analyze and evaluate major aspects of process and technology, and work with the Office of the Chief Information Officer to develop new analytic tools for analyzing cross-program and cross-agency data;
* Evaluate Program Performance Management, and work with departmental program staff to develop key performance indicators and dashboard reporting tools that capture the key measures of workload, output, customer service and
outcomes and impacts, in support of management and research-based evaluation;
For more information, see http://jobview.usajobs.gov/GetJob.aspx?JobID=101349264&JobTitle=Program+Analysis+Officer&x=91&y=11&brd=3876&vw=b&FedEmp=N&FedPub=Y&tm=0&pg=6&re=4&AVSDM=2011-08-08+00%3a03%3a00.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.