June 10, 2011 at 3:14 pm #132550
Job Title: Program Analyst, GS-0343-11/12 (Open to U.S. Citizens)TRO
Department: Department Of Transportation
Agency: Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration
Sub Agency: the U.S. Department of Transportation
Job Announcement Number: PHMSA.PSHQ-2011-0028
SALARY RANGE: $62,467.00 – $97,333.00 /year
OPEN PERIOD: Friday, June 10, 2011 to Monday, June 20, 2011
SERIES & GRADE: GS-0343-11/12
POSITION INFORMATION: Full Time – Permanent
PROMOTION POTENTIAL: 13
DUTY LOCATIONS: 1 vacancy – Washington, DC
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: Applications will be accepted from any U.S. citizen.
Please note: This position has also been advertised under merit promotion. All current and former employees eligible for status consideration are encouraged to also apply to announcement: PHMSA.PSHQ-2011-0027.
The U.S. Department of Transportation, Pipeline and Hazardous Material Safety Administration’s (PHMSA) mission is to protect people and the environment from the risk inherent in transportation of hazardous materials – by pipeline and other modes of transportation.
This position is located in the PHMSA Office of Pipeline Safety (OPS), Office of Enforcement. The Office of Enforcement has the responsibility for developing sound, accurate, and comprehensive enforcement metrics, and is the official custodian of administrative enforcement data and records.
This position is perfect for someone looking for a challenging assignment as a Program Analyst responsible for maintaining accuracy, completeness, and enhancing the electronic enforcement case date records. You will also be responsible for developing sound, accurate, and comprehensive pipeline enforcement performance metrics. As the Office primary subject matter expert in the operation of databases related to enforcement, you will oversee the work performed by the Compliance Registry Coordinator and will serve as the Office’s representative to teams that support and enhance various databases related to enforcement. You will serve as the Division’s expert in reviewing enforcement trends, determining the likely cause of such trends, and recommending actions to mitigate negative and promote positive changes. The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of the federal regulatory oversight process, including enforcement options commonly used by PHMSA.
This position offers excellent benefits, including the potential for ongoing medical benefits after retirement. Alternative works schedules and telework schedules are strongly encouraged.
* You must be a U.S. citizen & meet specialized experience to qualify
* Submit application and resume online by 11:59 PM EST on the closing date
* Review Required Documents section as documents are required by closing date
* Position is telework eligible
* Announcement also advertised open to U.S. citizens: PHMSA.PSHQ-2011-0027
* Job announcement may be used to fill similar positions within 30 days
As a Program Analyst, you will:
* Develop sound accurate, and comprehensive pipeline enforcement metrics and reports.
* Develop and apply business requirements and engineering change requests to enhance the management of enforcement data and documents; and test each one to ensure they work as designed.
* Oversee the work performed by the Compliance Registry Coordinator. Maintain and improve the written instructions for the Office’s Compliance Registry Coordinator.
* Design, plan, develop and conduct a wide variety of complex analyses utilizing quantitative and qualitative techniques.
* Prepare reports, graphs and tables from databases.
For more information, see http://jobview.usajobs.gov/GetJob.aspx?JobID=100085689&JobTitle=Program+Analyst%2c+GS-0343-11%2f12+%28Open+to+U.S.+Citizens%29TRO&x=81&y=13&brd=3876&vw=b&FedEmp=N&FedPub=Y&tm=0&pg=6&re=3&AVSDM=2011-06-10+00%3a03%3a00.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.