June 6, 2011 at 6:45 pm #132198
Job Title: Program Analyst
Department: Department Of Veterans Affairs
Agency: Department of Veterans Affairs
Job Announcement Number: KL-11-TW-483164-RIT
SALARY RANGE: $68,809.00 - $106,369.00 /year
OPEN PERIOD: Thursday, June 02, 2011 to Wednesday, June 08, 2011
SERIES & GRADE: GS-0343-13
POSITION INFORMATION: Full Time Career/Career Conditional
PROMOTION POTENTIAL: 13
DUTY LOCATIONS: 1 vacancy - Austin, TX
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: United States Citizens
Vacancy Identification Number (VIN): 483164 (Include on all documents)
This is a CRITICAL FILL position.
The VA was established for one purpose - "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
How would you like to become a part of a team that provides compassionate care to Veterans?
YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Every job at the VA impacts the Veterans that we serve. You can be part of that team, helping to make sure that our Veterans receive the top-quality care they deserve.
VA professionals feel good about their careers and their ability to balance work and home life. VA offers generous paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling opportunities.
For more information on the Department of Veterans Affairs, go to http://www.vacareers.va.gov/.
* You must be a U.S. citizen to apply for this job.
* Designated and/or random drug testing may be required.
* Subject to a background/suitability investigation.
We encourage you to apply for a career in delivering world-class services to Veterans and their families.
The Department of Veterans Affairs fosters the highest standards of leadership, research and development through the use of cutting-edge technology and innovative initiatives that serve our Nation's Veterans. The Office of Information & Technology enables VA to become a Veteran centric service provider through the delivery of available, adaptable, secure, and cost effective technology services.
Some may think the responsibility of providing superior health care services to our Veterans rests squarely on the shoulders of those who practice medicine. At VA, we believe every position in the health care environment plays a critical role in the delivery of the best care possible... and information technology is a key component to our success.
This position is located within the Decision Support Office in Austin, TX. The major duties and responsibilities include:
* All work is done solely within the DSS environment, using Microsoft SQL Server 2008, SQL Server Analysis Services 2008, SQL Server Integration Services 2008, SQL Server Reporting Services 2008, Visual Studio 2008, and ProClarity.
* Develop and maintain DSS reports that provide analysis and inputs to decision-making for Network, VAMC, and VA decision makers.
* Perform troubleshooting analysis in support of the entire DSS Program
* Administer processing and adaptation of a complex collection of data that requires extensive organization, coordination, and technical skills.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday; 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Relocation, recruitment and retention expenses and/or bonuses may be authorized.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.