August 3, 2011 at 3:29 pm #137183
Job Title: Program Analyst, GS-0343-09/11, DEU
Department: Department Of Commerce
Agency: International Trade Administration
Sub Agency: International Trade Administration
Job Announcement Number: ITA-TPFCS-2011-0048
SALARY RANGE: $51,630.00 - $81,204.00 /year
OPEN PERIOD: Wednesday, August 03, 2011 to Tuesday, August 09, 2011
SERIES & GRADE: GS-0343-09/11
POSITION INFORMATION: Competitive Service: Career or Career Conditional Full Time - Permanent
PROMOTION POTENTIAL: 13
DUTY LOCATIONS: 1 vacancy(s) in one of the following locations: Washington DC Metro Area, DC
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: All qualified United States citizens.
Interested in assisting U.S. businesses compete globally? The International Trade Administration (ITA) is instrumental in assisting businesses compete in the global economy. Help create opportunities for U.S. workers and firms by promoting trade, opening foreign markets to ensure compliance with trade laws and agreements.
This vacancy is for a Program Analyst position in the Office of Strategic Planning of the U.S. and Foreign Commercial Service located at the International Trade Administration's headquarters in Washington DC.
The U.S. and Foreign Commercial Service is an organization dedicated to helping U.S. companies, especially small and medium-sized enterprises, compete and win in the global marketplace. We are a field-based network of approximately 1,250 trade professionals located in 109 U.S. cities and over 126 overseas offices in 77 countries who provide commercial diplomacy and trade promotion support to U.S. companies. We guide companies through every step of the export process, from shipping and logistics to learning about foreign regulations. We offer trade counseling and advocacy and customized solutions to enter new markets and overcome exporting hurdles.
Applications under this vacancy announcement will be considered under external competitive procedures only. This vacancy is also being advertised under merit promotion procedures as (Merit announcement number).
This position is in the competitive service.
A one-year probationary period may be required.
Relocation expenses will not be paid.
This is a non-bargaining unit position.
If you are found to be qualified and your name is forwarded to the hiring manager, you may be contacted for an interview and you should be prepared and available for an interview within 3-4 weeks from the closing date of this vacancy announcement.
* You must be a U.S. citizen.
* If your resume is incomplete, you may not be considered for this vacancy.
* You must be registered for Selective Service if applicable (http://www.sss.gov).
* You must be suitable for federal employment.
* Any required investigations and clearances must be completed
* before the selectee can be placed in the position.
The individual selected for this position will:
* work on all aspects of strategic planning, including managing high-level strategic initiatives and projects to lead change and improve organizational effectiveness and efficiency;
* provide planning information and reports to officials in the U.S. and Foreign Commercial Service, International Trade Administration, Department of Commerce, Office of Management and Budget, and the Congress; and
* conduct analysis of performance data to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of programs and operations.
For more information, see http://jobview.usajobs.gov/GetJob.aspx?JobID=101394447&JobTitle=Program+Analyst%2c+GS-0343-09%2f11%2c+DEU&x=67&y=13&brd=3876&vw=b&FedEmp=N&FedPub=Y&tm=0&pg=4&re=4&AVSDM=2011-08-03+07%3a41%3a00.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.