August 15, 2011 at 2:56 pm #138473
Job Title: Program Officer/Senior Program Officer, MC-301-4b/4a
Agency: Millennium Challenge Corporation
Job Announcement Number: MCC-518278-11-006-DPE-DE
SALARY RANGE: $58,000.00 – $116,000.00 /year
OPEN PERIOD: Monday, August 15, 2011 to Friday, August 19, 2011
SERIES & GRADE: MC-0301-12/13
POSITION INFORMATION: Full Time Career/Career Conditional
PROMOTION POTENTIAL: 13
DUTY LOCATIONS: 1 vacancy – Washington DC Metro Area, DC
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: United States Citizens
Whether you are new to the Federal Government or an experienced professional seeking a career change, visit our Website at http://www.mcc.gov to see the kinds of dynamic projects our staff are undertaking. If you want a career where you can see the difference your work makes, then join the Millennium Challenge Corporation!
In this position, you will help to advance the Department of Policy and Evaluation
goals of 1) fostering learning from MCC’s model in the context of the U.S. global development policy and 2) developing and contributing to policies and approaches that ensure the most effective implementation of the MCC model and principles, drawing from MCC experience, and best practices from the development community.
* U.S. Citizenship Required
* Background Investigation or Security Clearance
* Relocation expenses will not be paid
* More than 1 job may be filled if additional vacancies occure within 90 days
* Language skills in French or Arabic desired.
As a Program Officer/Senior Program Officer, you will:
* Assist with the management of DPE’s programs, information systems and operation.
* Conduct outreach with government officials on techniques for measuring and evaluating program implementation, with particular emphasis on the Middle East and Francophone Africa.
* Monitor trends and best practices in development research and practice.
* Develop and manage independent evaluation contracts.
* Support the use of appropriate evaluation methods to enhance MCC’s ability to improve implementation, document impacts, and learn what broader lessons should be drawn from the experience
* Ensure consistency in MCC’s overall monitoring and reporting strategy vis-à-vis MCC’s senior management, Board, and USG partners.
* Provide technical support, advice and guidance to country teams on issues related to the definition, measurement, and quality control of project performance indicators.
For more information, see http://jobview.usajobs.gov/GetJob.aspx?JobID=101619789&JobTitle=Program+Officer%2fSenior+Program+Officer%2c+MC-301-4b%2f4a&x=87&y=2&brd=3876&vw=b&FedEmp=N&FedPub=Y&re=4&tm=0&pg=9&AVSDM=2011-08-15+07%3a28%3a00.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.