August 30, 2011 at 2:51 pm #139950
Job Title: Program Specialist GS-0301-9/11 DE
Agency: National Science Foundation
Sub Agency: National Science Foundation
Job Announcement Number: DGE-2011-0005
SALARY RANGE: $51,630.00 – $81,204.00 /year
OPEN PERIOD: Tuesday, August 30, 2011 to Tuesday, September 13, 2011
SERIES & GRADE: GS-0301-09/11
POSITION INFORMATION: Full-time. Permanent.
PROMOTION POTENTIAL: 11
DUTY LOCATIONS: few vacancies – Arlington, VA
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: All US citizens.
This announcement will close on 09/13/2011 or at 05:00 PM Eastern time on the date 30 applications are received, whichever occurs first.
If you’re looking for a change in your work environment and want to work in a dynamic, small-agency setting, the National Science Foundation may be the place for you. Due to the relatively small number of employees, NSF has a unique feeling of collegiality. It is not uncommon to hear colleagues discuss a wide variety of subjects from honeybees to the latest developments in nanoscale technology.
At NSF, you will use your administrative support expertise in an exciting, challenging, and team-oriented environment. You will have the opportunity to use your current skills to help make NSF’s vision of the future become reality. NSF also offers a variety of formal and informal learning and development opportunities that you can use to build new skills and advance your career. If you’re seeking variety and challenge in a collegial atmosphere, look no further than NSF!
More about NSF.
This position is located in the Division of Graduate Education (DGE), Directorate for Education and Human Resources at the National Science Foundation. The selected candidate will serve as a Program Specialist under the supervision of the Administrative Manager. DGE is responsible for promotion the early career development of scientists and engineers by offering support at critical junctures of their careers. The division actively encourages, solicits, and reviews proposals in three major program areas: Graduate Research Fellowships (GRFP); Integrative Graduate Education and Research Training (IGERT); and NSF Graduate Teaching Fellow in K-12 Education (GK-12).
* US citizenship
* Background investigation
* Preview questions at bottom of Qualifications & Evaluations–see tab above
As a Program Specialist, you will play a key role in monitoring program effectiveness through data management, analysis, communication, outreach and continuous improvement activities. You will serve as a part of DGE’s administrative and program team, and
will provide specialized assistance to the Division Director, Program Officers, Administrative Manager, and other Division staff by performing administrative and programmatic functions. Specifically, you will:
* Participate in developing, reviewing and modifying plans and policies for assigned programs.
* Assist with publicizing the programs within a Division.
* Analyze and evaluate issues concerning the efficiency and effectiveness of program operations.
* Screen project summaries of new proposals for compliance with NSF policy on merit review criteria; and maintain and spreadsheet or compliance checking.
* Develop and maintain automated systems, analyze data, and prepare statistical and narrative reports that demonstrate program accomplishments.
* Review proposals submitted to the Division’s programs to determine basic eligibility and to make recommendations to the Program Director.
* Monitor progress of grant awards.
* Serve as a technical expert and spokesperson for NSF on grant administration policies, procedures and processes.
* Answer written and telephone inquiries on a wide variety of non-scientific issues from potential applicants and other interested parties; and
* Establish and maintain liaison with other Foundation offices and service contractors, officials in other government agencies, and in scientific organizations and institutions regarding pending proposals, peer review, project administration, project reports, and information requests.
For more information, see http://jobview.usajobs.gov/GetJob.aspx?JobID=102047704&JobTitle=Program+Specialist+GS-0301-9%2f11+DE&x=80&y=8&brd=3876&vw=b&FedEmp=N&FedPub=Y&tm=0&pg=5&re=4&AVSDM=2011-08-30+00%3a03%3a00.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.