August 1, 2011 at 3:52 pm #136865
Job Title: Program Specialist
Department: Department Of Veterans Affairs
Agency: Veterans Health Administration
Job Announcement Number: LP-11-FGa-509632
SALARY RANGE: $103,169.00 – $134,118.00 /year
OPEN PERIOD: Monday, August 01, 2011 to Friday, August 05, 2011
SERIES & GRADE: GS-0301-14
POSITION INFORMATION: Full Time Career/Career Conditional
DUTY LOCATIONS: 1 vacancy – Seattle, WA
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: United States Citizens
VacancyID: 509632 (Include on all documents).
To fulfill President Lincoln’s promise – “To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan” – by serving and honoring the men and women who are America’s Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to veterans?
YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Every job at the VA impacts the Veterans that we serve. You can be part of that team, helping to make sure that our Veterans receive the top-quality care they deserve.
VA professionals feel good about their careers and their ability to balance work and home life. VA offers generous paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling opportunities. For more information on the Department of Veterans Affairs, go to http://www.vacareers.va.gov/.
* You must be a U.S. citizen to apply for this job.
* You will be subject to a background/suitability investigation.
* Designated and/or random drug testing may be required.
In this position you will serve as the team leader in the evaluation, analysis, and formulation of data management and information technology techniques, policies, and procedures for the national SCID/Spinal Cord Injury Disorder Services. Serve as the primary point of contact with the Office of Information, and providing a variety of services essential to the effective oversight and performance of SCIDO software application systems. Your duties will include:
* Serve as the authority in database design in support of the development, implementation, and maintenance of national VA automated applications, especially SCIDO/ Spinal Cord Injury Disorder Outcomes.
* Prepare requests and recommendations to the Office of Information for the SCIDO application.
* Research and/or analyze problems, issues, or program requirements.
* Plans and/or accomplishes projects.
* Identifies and determines priorities, conducts surveys, provides training, administers programs and maintains employee records.
* Prepares, reviews, and/or monitors an organization’s training budget.
* Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates programs to assess their quality and effectiveness.
* Develops guidelines, methods, materials, and new or improved applications to programs
WORK SCHEDULE: MONDAY – FRIDAY – 8:00AM – 4:30PM
***RELOCATION EXPENSES AND/OR INCENTIVES ARE NOT AUTHORIZED***
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.