June 3, 2011 at 2:27 pm #131994
The Information Technology division seeks an individual to function as Project Manager of our technology initiatives. This person will be responsible for keeping initiatives moving on track through all phases of the development life cycle, managing the creation of deliverables by IT resources for initiatives, managing issues and risks which arise during the process of new initiatives.
- Plans, organizes, and integrates cross-functional information technology projects to deliver specific results to customers on time.
- Establishes benchmarks, milestones, and coordinate delivery of projects.
- Facilitates communication of status, issues, and project budget to teams, clients/vendors, and management to ensure key deliverables are met.
- Performs project tasks (gathering requirements, facilitating design discussions, managing application development, testing, training, and roll-outs) as required to keep projects on track.
- Runs complex projects/programs from design and development to production.
- Defines requirements and plan project lifecycle deployment.
- Defines resources and schedule for project/program implementation.
- Creates strategies for risk mitigation and contingency planning.
- Keeps project status and resource forecasts current in reporting tools.
- Uses reporting tools to keep customers informed of project status and to schedule upcoming work.
- Designs and maintain technical and project documentation.
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or related field and two years of related experience in project management or IT management coordinating and supporting IT business processes.
Associates degree/vocational certificate in computer science, information technology or a related field and four years of experience in project management or IT management coordinating and supporting IT business process
Five years of experience in project management or IT management coordinating and supporting an IT business process.
To learn more about this opening, visit https://www.careers.ga.gov/jobsearch/jobdetail.asp?ReqNum=403-19035aa
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.