August 25, 2011 at 2:58 pm #139567
Job Title: Public Affairs Specialist (Web Director), GS-1035-14
Department: Department Of Health And Human Services
Agency: Administration for Children and Families
Job Announcement Number: HHS-ACF-DE-11-519462
SALARY RANGE: $105,211.00 - $136,771.00 /year
OPEN PERIOD: Thursday, August 25, 2011 to Tuesday, September 06, 2011
SERIES & GRADE: GS-1035-14
POSITION INFORMATION: Full Time Career/Career Conditional
DUTY LOCATIONS: 1 vacancy - Washington DC Metro Area, DC
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: United States Citizens
Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
This position is located at the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), Administration for Children and Families (ACF), Immediate Office of the Assistant Secretary (IOAS), Office of Public Affairs (OPA), in Washington, D.C.
This vacancy is also being announced concurrently with vacancy announcement HHS-ACF-MP-11-519613 under merit promotion procedures. Please review that announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under merit promotion procedures. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
PHS Commissioned Corps Officers interested in performing the duties of this position within the Commissioned Corps (not as a career/career-conditional employee) are encouraged to apply under the merit promotion announcement indicated above.
Additional selections may be made from this announcement.
* U.S. Citizenship is required.
* Incumbent is responsible for the efficient and effective delivery of the Administration for Children and Families (ACF) program policy and information in the Federal government setting in communicating Agency news, message, and information to the public.
* Responsible for writing for the Web, observing plain language concepts in a fast paced news environment in the Public Affairs Office.
* Oversee maintaining the content of ACF external and internal Web sites; ensuring the Web products are well written, clearly organized, and clearly navigable, of high visual quality, are customer-focused, and are in concert with ACF programs.
* Ensure that all Web contents are accessible to persons with disabilities. Assist in the development of reports, briefings, presentations, in supporting of disseminating information to the public.
* Analyze metrics and other relevant data to improve the performance and usability of ACF Web-based products.
For more information, see http://jobview.usajobs.gov/GetJob.aspx?JobID=101653038&JobTitle=Public+Affairs+Specialist+%28Web+Director%29%2c+GS-1035-14&x=59&y=12&brd=3876&vw=b&FedEmp=N&FedPub=Y&re=3&tm=0&pg=5&AVSDM=2011-08-25+00%3a03%3a00.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.