July 26, 2011 at 7:42 pm #136538
Job Title: Public Health Advisor
Department: Department Of State
Agency: Department Of State
Job Announcement Number: PH-NM-11-509952
SALARY RANGE: $105,211.00 – $136,711.00 /year
OPEN PERIOD: Tuesday, July 26, 2011 to Monday, August 08, 2011
SERIES & GRADE: GS-0685-14
POSITION INFORMATION: Full Time Career/Career Conditional
PROMOTION POTENTIAL: 14
DUTY LOCATIONS: 1 vacancy – WASHINGTON, DC
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: United States Citizens
Department of State – Careers Representing America
One or more positions may be filled using this vacancy announcement.
* U. S. Citizenship required.
* Secret Security Clearance required.
As a Public Health Advisor in the Office of the U.S. Global AIDS Coordinator, you will be responsible for:
* Planning, implementing, and evaluating the delivery of the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR);
* Ensuring the medical and scientific integrity of all HIV/AIDS prevention, treatment, and care program associated with PEPFAR;
* Ensuring the coordination of bilateral assistance efforts between the U.S. government and donors, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), and international multilateral organizations;
* Negotiating for the acceptance of PEPFAR programs and recommendations with international organizations, NGOs, researchers, and foreign governments; and
* Reviewing and recommending for acceptance requests for funding, including providing guidance on the appropriate allocation mechanism (e.g. evidence-based, central funding, country-specific funding, etc.)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.