August 25, 2011 at 3:00 pm #139569
Job Title: Purchasing Agent (OA) GS-1105-07
Department: Department Of Homeland Security
Agency: U.S. Coast Guard
Sub Agency: United States Coast Guard
Job Announcement Number: 11-2211-SE-AM-D
SALARY RANGE: $41,043.00 – $53,360.00 /year
OPEN PERIOD: Thursday, August 25, 2011 to Thursday, September 08, 2011
SERIES & GRADE: GS-1105-07/07
POSITION INFORMATION: This is a full-time position. This is a permanent appointment.
PROMOTION POTENTIAL: 07
DUTY LOCATIONS: 1 vacancy – Miami Beach, FL
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: This vacancy is open to all U.S. Citizens and is being advertised under delegated examining procedures.
For definitions of terms found in this announcement click here
Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
Apply for this exciting position to support the CG missions of safeguarding our Nation’s maritime interests in the heartland, in the ports, at sea, and around the globe.
For over two centuries the The U.S. Coast Guard has protected the maritime economy and the environment, we defend our maritime borders, and we save those in peril. This history has forged our character and purpose as America’s Maritime Guardian – Always Ready for all hazards and all threats.
The vacancy is being concurrently advertised under merit promotion procedures for status applicants under announcement 11-2211-SE-AM-M. APPLICANTS WISHING TO BE CONSIDERED UNDER BOTH DELEGATED EXAMINING AND MERIT PROMOTION PROCEDURES MUST APPLY TO BOTH VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENTS.
NOTE: YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS DELEGATED EXAMINING VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT WILL ONLY ALLOW CONSIDERATION FOR THIS ANNOUNCEMENT. WE CANNOT ELECTRONICALLY OR MANUALLY MOVE YOUR APPLICATION TO THE CONCURRENTLY ADVERTISED MERIT PROMOTION ANNOUNCEMENT. PLEASE ENSURE YOU ARE APPLYING UNDER THE CORRECT ANNOUNCEMENT.
This position is located in US COAST GUARD, SHORE FORCES LOGISTICS CENTER, NESU MIAMI, INDUSTRIAL SUPPORT ACTIVITY MIAMI, MIAMI BEACH, FL
* U.S. Citizenship is required.
The primary purpose of this position is to purchase, rent or lease especially complex supplies, services and equipment through the use of simplified purchase procedures.
Being a CG civilian makes you a valuable member of the CG team. Typical work assignments include:
* Purchases complex, special purpose items, such as machine parts, modifications of complex marine equipment, computer equipment, law enforcement and communication equipment.
* Developing, preparing and presenting terms and condition in bids or proposals related to the award of contracts, negotiating and awarding contracts/purchase orders.
* Administers terms and conditions of contracts, including such aspects as contract modifications, evaluation of performance under the contract, and contract termination.
* Purchases technical items, such as parts and components needed for maintenance, overhaul and repair of small boats, electronic equipment, or specialized machinery.
* Draft routing correspondence, completes forms, and maintains records pertaining to the purchasing function.
* Answer quarries from subordinate command echelons concerning purchasing actions. May provide training to personnel at remote sites within the command to assure consistency in the procurement program and adherence to applicable rules and regulations.”
For more information, see http://jobview.usajobs.gov/GetJob.aspx?JobID=101969775&JobTitle=Purchasing+Agent+%28OA%29+GS-1105-07&x=59&y=12&brd=3876&vw=b&FedEmp=N&FedPub=Y&re=4&tm=0&pg=7&AVSDM=2011-08-25+07%3a21%3a00.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.