August 29, 2011 at 5:32 pm #139914
Job Title: Qualified Recycling Program Manager
Department: Department Of The Navy
Agency: Naval Facilities Engineering Command
Job Announcement Number: NW1-1101-12-K1085005-DE
SALARY RANGE: $51,630.00 – $97,333.00 /year
OPEN PERIOD: Monday, August 29, 2011 to Friday, September 09, 2011
SERIES & GRADE: GS-1101-09/12
POSITION INFORMATION: Full Time Career/Career Conditional
PROMOTION POTENTIAL: 12
DUTY LOCATIONS: 1 vacancy – Washington, DC
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: United States Citizens
The Navy and Marine Corps team offers innovative, exciting and meaningful work linking military and civilian talents to achieve our mission and safeguard our freedoms. Department of the Navy provides competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, and extensive professional development and training. From pipefitters to accountants, scientists to engineers, doctors to nurses-the careers and opportunities to make a difference are endless. Civilian careers-where purpose and patriotism unite!
The position is organizationally located at the Naval Facilities Engineering Command Washington, under the Regional Engineer Facility Services Program Director.
The area of responsibility covers a large number of customer activities with varied missions dispersed over a sizeable geographic area with different types of facilities ranging from administrative and housing facilities to very complex industrial and operational facilities and equipment.
* U.S. citizenship required.
* Relocation expenses may or may not be authorized.
* Required to fill out SF-450 Financial Disclosure report annually.
* Must be able to obtain/maintain a valid state driver’s license.
The purpose of this position is to serve as the Program Manager for all recycling activities within the Naval Facilities Engineering Command (NAVFAC) Washington area of responsibility to ensure all recycling services are performed and commodities diverted for recycling are properly processed for marketing to commercial buyers.
* Determines and implements the most feasible methods for collection, delivery and processing of recyclable materials.
* Ensures all customers are appropriately scheduled for pickup of recyclable materials and that pick-up is performed per schedule.
* Meets with customers regarding special needs to ensure timely pick-up and processing of materials.
* Determines and implements the most feasible and cost effective measures to resolve recycling problems.
* Serves as Recycling representative for all inspections by Federal, Navy, State and local organizations.
* Oversees the collection and processing of numerous types of recyclable materials.
* Responsible for increasing the diversion of recyclable material from the waste stream to meet Federal, Navy, State & local guidelines.
* Responsible for the proper operation, maintenance, material condition, sanitation and appearance of all facilities, equipment and vehicles.
* Acts as regional safety coordinator for the recycling program, ensuring facilities are inspected frequently and comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
For more information, see http://jobview.usajobs.gov/GetJob.aspx?JobID=102012382&JobTitle=Qualified+Recycling+Program+Manager&x=97&y=9&brd=3876&vw=b&FedEmp=N&FedPub=Y&tm=0&pg=10&re=4&AVSDM=2011-08-29+00%3a03%3a00.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.